Senior Program Support Officer (National Position)
The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for United States resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Since 2005, RSC Asia has resettled over 180,000 refugees to the United States.
Based in Bangkok with field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (RSC Asia) is funded by the US State Department Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) to assist persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement to the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 37 countries, the RSC: prepares refugee applications for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) using START (a State Department–managed data system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology); provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees; and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the United States.
The Senior Program Support Officer (Sr. PSO) based in Bangkok, Thailand is responsible for case creation, pre-screen and USCIS interview scheduling, call list creation and distribution, and travel arrangement for any RSC activities. The Sr. PSO will also monitor and analyze the pipeline, ensure targets are met, and future circuit rides are coordinated as planned in close coordination with the Senior Program Support Manager. The position will also support fellow Program Support team members by providing back-up support as needed.
Programmatic Functions: Case Creation & Scheduling:
• Create refugee cases in START to be submitted and authorized for USRAP processing. • Schedule cases for DNA, pre-screening, USCIS and follow-up circuit rides in line with established targets and deadlines. • Perform in routine quality control (QC) procedures on case creations and schedules. • Report and assist regularly with Senior Program Support Manager to ensure case preparation targets are in line with case creation, scheduling targets, and that final schedules are accurate. • Collaborate with relevant RSC staff to ensure all necessary circuit ride arrangements are finalized. • Submit call lists to relevant program and/or program support staff and stakeholders regarding applicant appointments in a timely manner. • Record accurately case call lists, SCH IDs, and relevant guidelines in the designated location in shared drive. • Send a regular report of quality check trends detected from Case creation & Scheduling analysis of both the physical files and data in START.
• Provide back up another senior program support officer as needed. • Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor, in line with the scope of work.
Operational Functions & Others: Travel/Transportation support:
• Facilitate the preparation of travel requests (TR) for RSC staff and visitors, and ensure proper authorization is obtained prior to travel booking in compliance with the IRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and policies. • Act as the travel focal point for RSC staff and visitors for any RSC activities to ensure international/domestic travel, ground transportation, accommodation, worksite, and necessary visa is arranged in a timely manner under IRC policy, and ensure all international flights comply with donor regulations under “Fly America” and “Open Skies” acts. • File and maintain the RSC travel documents as well as ensure that all relevant records are complete and accessible.
• Prepare weekly/monthly related to any travel/logistics payment on a timely schedule to avoid delays in weekly/monthly payment and follow up on invoices where necessary. • Review travel invoices from vendors to ensure accuracy prior to submit payment requests to Finance to facilitate timely payments.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Program Support Manager Indirect Reporting: None Other Internal contacts: Internal: All RSC Thailand staff IRC Thailand Operations and Administrative Staff External: Contract interpreters Vendors and suppliers
• University Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum three years of office administrative experience. Data entry experience is strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Solid organization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize them effectively. • Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet deadlines. • Proven skills in general office administration and interdepartmental communication. • Excellent decision making, analytical and problem-solving skills. • Excellent computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. • Previous experience with an international company or NGO or the US Refugee Admissions Program is preferred.
Language Skills: Fluency in both English and Thai, oral and written, is required.
The position is located at the RSC office in Bangkok and is primarily office based. The employee is required to adhere to “The IRC Way” for professional conduct, as well as to be in compliance with all relevant Policies and Procedures while carrying his/her duties.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.