Senior HR/Admin Officer
Background of IRC:
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At-work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. IRC reaches over a million children annually with education and child protection programs in 25 countries around the world.
Summary Statement of Duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Manager, the Senior HR/Admin Officer provides general Human Resource support for the Admin & HR department. The incumbent will be responsible for managing HRMIS, managing Onboarding, Payroll & related payments, Organogram and serve as focal point for national staff issues. The post holder supervises the HR/Admin Assistant, Receptionist, and Office Clerk and provides technical support for them.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Talent Acquisition and management:
- Participate in recruitment process to hire positions. Leading the orientation and travel arrangement. - Ensure proper orientation for all new staff with periodic follow up of field visits for additional support to field teams; collaborate and coordinate with other departments to provide an engaging and welcoming orientation - Maintain good working relationships with other organizations and provide feedback to management on HR issues. - Advise and conduct employees on exit management process for exiting employees and maintain its copies on the file. Make sure exiting staffs are using the exit interview survey and provide support as required. - Provide technical support and on job trainings for field-based HR/ admin staff - Follow up the implementation of improvement plan according to the feedbacks given at the time of coaching or any collected feedbacks from field visits.
HR Service and Administration:
- Ensure availability of updated database of national employee’s personnel data for assigned field offices. - Review new employees contract agreement and ensure the new employees’ data is up to date on HRMIS. - Responsible for preparing monthly payroll and maintaining payroll related documents and information are kept properly. Work with HR in the field to improve the information gap by using the HRMIS as a payroll information sources. - Prepare pension payment for Addis Ababa and Melkadida Office and ensure fields HR/Admin staffs prepared in timely manner and ensure payment in relation to the back payments is prepared and paid in a timely manner. - Review back payments, payroll adjustment for open and definite period employees and prepare their severance. - Ensure that all personnel documents of staffs in assigned field offices are updated and maintained in the personnel files including ex-staff files. - Assist in writing personnel letters as required (transfer, Promotion, increment, acceptance of resignation and others). - Work with logistics in identifying different service providers for HR/Admin department (e.g. hotels, travel agents, etc). - Maintain and update all IRC Ethiopia Organogram. Check the Organogram weather it is in line with HRMIS reporting line. - Work on special personal projects assigned by HR/Admin Coordinator or DDHR.
Supervision and Support
- Lead, train, coach the Admin assistant create detailed plan to build capacity including performance objectives and development in collaboration with HR/Admin Manager. Conduct performance evaluation for the subordinates timely. - Work on the career development plan of the subordinate - Ensure that the subordinator is working in a harmonized manner.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal: CD, Program, Logistics and Finance Departments and all IRC field offices. - External: Relevant Government, Non-Government, and international organizations.
- University Degree/College diploma in Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related - 4 years’ experience for degree holders and 6 years of experience in office administration and human resource. - Experience in managing HRIS is a plus - NGO experience in Human resource is preferable. - Strong organizational skills - Computer literate especially word and excel, able to analyze large data and generate report - Excellent in English and Amharic - speaking, listening & writing. - Ability to work under pressure.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.