Senior CP Community Mobilization Officer - Mosul
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and internally displaced forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2007, IRC has worked with refugees and other vulnerable populations in Iraq. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, the IRC currently addresses the needs of war- affected populations from several operational bases across Iraq. Our activities focus primarily on the supply of vital medications and medical equipment, non-food items, water and sanitation and women and children’s protection, and form part of an over-arching humanitarian response in Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq and the region that seeks to assist refugees, IDPs and war-affected people survive conflict and displacement.
The Senior CP Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for managing and coordinating all IRC community mobilization activities in Mosul. The Senior CP Community Mobilization Officer is expected to take a lead role in representing the IRC’s Child Protection community mobilization and other outreach activities in Mosul, participating in relevant meetings and working groups, and liaising with government authorities and partner organizations for advocacy to suitability of child protection services. The Senior CP Community Mobilization Officer will be based in the IRC’s Mosul Office with daily travel to CP sites in Mosul. Occasional travel to other governorates may also be required.
- Financial Management: Manage financial aspects of outreach activities (prepare spending plans / forecasts for case management budget lines, review spending’s on an ongoing basis). - Reporting: Submit regular reports to the Child Protection Manager about outreach activities and assist in the development of monthly and other periodic reports. Ensure all outreach team staff document outreach efforts confidentially, thoroughly and on an ongoing basis. - Capacity Building: Assess social workers capacity and knowledge and based on results ensure all outreach staff have received key relevant and needed trainings and receive ongoing supervision & support. Organize & facilitate relevant internal & external trainings as required. - Internal Coordination: Collaborate with Operations to ensure that supplies are available for child protection outreach activities in a timely manner and resources are available to support events, trainings, workshops conducted by outside consultants/experts. Coordinate with WPE team & ERD team (internal referral pathways, joint assessments, collaboration in the field). - External Coordination: Represent IRC CP in external meetings (CPSWG, PWG, Mosul CP Coordination meetings) as appropriate and requested by the Child Protection Manager. Present and advocate for IRC cases with other relevant actors. - Work with the Child Protection Manager to create effective work plans and monitoring tools for all Child Protection outreach activities in Ninewa. - Provide regular planning, support and day to day tasking for the child protection outreach team with the guidance of the Child Protection Manager. - Monitor and document the progress of child protection outreach activities. - Provide continuous feedback to the Child Protection Manager on any challenges in the work implementation to be addressed directly with corrective steps/measures if needed. - Provide supervision and guidance to staff under the position’s line management in line with the IRC principles. - Coordinate and implement consistent monitoring and evaluation of IRC’s child protection outreach activities with the support of the Child Protection Manager. - Ensure compliance with IRC policies and protocols of confidentiality, respect and safety. - Maintain up-to-date knowledge of child protection laws, policies and practice in Iraq. - Perform other related duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor.
Staff Management and Development:
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance. - Supervise and mentor direct-reports, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews. - Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development. - Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage. - Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Child Protection Manager Position directly supervises: Child Protection Officers Indirect Reporting:
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All IRC Staff and other IRC departments.
External: Protection and CP relevant agencies.
· Bachelor degree in relevant field. Education, social work preferred
· At least three years of prior professional experience in child protection case management.
· Good command of written and spoken Arabic, and English is a plus.
· Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards establishing administrative procedures and protocols that will ensure optimal functioning of the team.
· Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
· Demonstrated experience with capacity building and training.
· Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and non-judgmental approach.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to firstname.lastname@example.org****.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى email@example.com