Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 12 Jan 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
The Scheme Coordinator will work under the direct supervision of the Principal Land Resettlement Officers (PLROs) under the Department of Resettlement in the Vice President’s Office and will perform the following tasks:
- Facilitate development of investment plans in order to effectively implement the resettlement programme.
- Facilitate planning and coordination of provision of infrastructure and social economic support services in order to ensure effective scheme development.
- Advise appropriately, individual Farmers investments in order to ensure sustainable and environmentally friendly land developments.
- Facilitate appropriate farmer training in order to enhance farmers ability to produce food for household security.
Additionally, the Scheme Coordinator will be required to:
- Liaise the establishment of Community Projects Commitees in the implementation and execution of Local Integration (LI) programs in host communities;
- Coordinate all LI activities in the Resettlement areas, and provide regular updates to the PLROs;
- Participate in Inter-Agency or any other relevant meetings;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the PLROs.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelors's degree in Social Sciences and Humanities or related fields;
- Atleast 3 years of experience working with a resettlement project or related activities;
- Experience working with and delivering support to the Government of Zambia and/or institutions related to social development, and/or United Nations Agencies;
- Experience in project management will be valued.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Community participation and development
Area of expertise details:
- Demonstrated interest and or experience in sustainable livelihoods and resettlement.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 12 January 2021