Salesforce Technical Consultant, ICTD Valencia, Spain, remote
Application deadline 10 months ago: Thursday 4 Nov 2021 at 22:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a connected world
The overarching strategic goal of UNICEF’s ICT Division (ICTD) is to transform and build partnerships with our stakeholders to successfully implement UNICEF programmes globally through the use of innovative technology-enabled solutions.
The roles of Salesforce Technical Consultant are situated within the Solutions Centre and Support section of ICTD. The Centre provides adequate, user-friendly, and modern business solutions to UNICEF’s different departments and stakeholders as well as providing guidance, governance, and procedures to several enterprise processes such as data collection, program monitoring, digital tools and platforms, and business process optimization throughout the organization.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF's ICTD seeks to build its Roster of Salesforce Technical Consultants to design and build solutions in the Salesforce platform (Sales, Service, Marketing, Experience cloud) to support Supporter Engagement Strategy Digital Engagement platform and other Salesforce-related projects in UNICEF. Becoming a pre-qualified Consultant in this roster is a one-off standard application that opens the door for potentially multiple assignments. Significant reductions in the time required by UNICEF to process contracts and for a consultant to be operational are expected. UNICEF will make extensive use of the roster for eligible consultancy requirements; this is therefore a unique opportunity for any interested and qualified consultant to submit one single application and if entered onto the Roster to be immediately considered for any future assignments by UNICEF in this area.
Under the guidance of the Salesforce Solution Manager, Salesforce Technical Consultant designs and builds solutions in the Salesforce platform (Sales, Service, Marketing, Experience cloud) to support Supporter Engagement Strategy Digital Engagement platform and other Salesforce-related projects in UNICEF. You will provide your expertise in advanced apex programming, lightning frameworks/components, AMPScript etc. The incumbent will collaborate with domain architects, internal and external stakeholders to ensure technical solutions adhere to approved reference architecture and will be engaged in code and technical design review of solution implementation. Your ability to rapid prototype solutions and provide solutions alternatives will see you succeed in the role.
As a member of the global Salesforce team, the incumbent will involve in the design, development, maintenance and implementation of applications in Salesforce technology stack. This includes, but is not limited to,
• Understand requirements from business, translate into design and build applications in Salesforce platform
• Apply full stack approach to solution design through planning, testing, implementing, deploying and operations of solutions
• Build high quality applications championing the modular design, reusable components, separation of concern, high cohesion and loose coupling architecture
• Work with wider UNICEF technical team on integration requirement and develop applications that connect to multiple applications
• Develop PoC and provide solution alternatives
• Document the technical design and Implementation details
• Collaborate with QA team to ensure the build is thoroughly tested each new release and enhancement.
• Contribute in setting up architectural and technical standards by keeping abreast of technological trends and Salesforce new releases
• Collaborate with team for code review and unit testing and manage post deployment activity such as knowledge transfer, process documentation and application bug fixes
• Build and maintain reusable journeys templates and automations
• Configure and set-up data models (lists, data extensions, shared data extensions, contact model) and build Marketing Cloud pages (data forms, custom preference pages)
• Provide Tier 3/4 global support in identifying, troubleshooting and resolving complex platform and integration issues
• Be part of global dev ops team and participate in agile delivery and management of UNICEF CRM Platform
• Others task as required to support UNICEF Salesforce projects and initiatives
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Academic Degrees required:
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience in an international development context as elaborated below
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Has the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Experience of working with cross-functional teams of technical and non-technical professionals
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a fast-paced problem-solving environment
• Deep understanding of the Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing and Community cloud)
• 5+ Experience in building applications using Lightning components, APEX, Visualforce and UI related coding technologies, Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API.
• Experience of deployments and migrations tools (Salesforce DX, CI/CD, Force.com IDE, Eclipse, ANT)
• Strong understanding and use of Versioning tools such as GitHub or Azure Git and experience with Salesforce release management (Salesforce DX, CI/CD, Force.com ID, Gearset)
• Industry qualifications in Salesforce platform (Application/Technical Architect, Salesforce.com Platform Developer II, Marketing cloud certified Administrator and/or Developer) required
• Hands-on experience of Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) is preferred.
Other Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
The anticipated duration of each contract is to be determined based on each assignment and will range from short-term contracts for a specific deliverable to a contract of up to 11.5 months. The consultant will work remotely.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.