Roster Call for National Legal Experts
Application deadline 1 month ago: Tuesday 4 Oct 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
Legislative and judicial reform and the strengthening of the rule of law are at the core of the Presence’s activities to foster the advancement of the rule of law in Albania, in line with international standards and OSCE commitments. To achieve these commitments at the highest possible standard, the Presence often requires the expertise and services of qualified local experts who assist the Presence and the Albanian authorities in particular aspects of the justice system.
Objective of Assignment:
To enrich its roster of experts and consultants, for contractual engagement, the OSCE Presence in Albania calls for applications from qualified, experienced Albanian justice professionals and legal practitioners, academics and trainers, to be engaged as local consultants in various legal fields and in particular at least in one of the below key focus areas.
Key areas of expertise:
• Constitutional Law; • Criminal Procedure and Criminal Law; • Criminology; • Civil Procedure and Civil Law; • Administrative Law; • Investigation and adjudication of corruption offences, financial crimes and/or money laundering; • Investigation and adjudication of electoral or/and organised crimes; • Investigation and adjudication of sexual offences and gender based violence; • Capacity-building for State Institutions, Civil Society Organizations and citizens in various areas of law; • Access to justice, free legal aid and or/mediation;
The consultants according to their experience and track record may be considered suitable and consequently selected (subject to additional screening and interviews) for various assignments such as develop and/or deliver training/presentations act as subject matter expert moderators in events (conferences, workshops, etc.) conduct academic and legal research draft main and/or secondary legislation prepare publications and awareness raising materials other contributions and tasks within areas requiring legal expertise
• Advanced university degree in law; • At least five years of professional experience in (at least) one of the legal areas mentioned above as a legal professional in an academic field, international organisation, court, prosecution office or bar chamber; • In-depth knowledge of international legal standards in the areas of expertise; • Knowledge of the functions, role and responsibilities of key justice institutions; • Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity and an excellent ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities; • Ability to work under time pressure and meet tight deadlines; • Ability to work flexibly, alone or in coordination with other involved experts • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national, cultural and other backgrounds.
Qualifications beneficial depending on specific area and task of assignment:
• Proven experience in developing and applying training techniques and conducting capacity building activities for various audiences; • Experience in academic writing or teaching; • Excellent writing and reporting skills in Albanian; • Knowledge and understanding of e-justice and new technologies in the legal sphere would be an advantage • Proficiency of English language would be an asset
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant's/expert's qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Presence in Albania
- Requisition ID: COU00000P
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: Unlimited
- Location: OSCE Presence in Albania, Tirana
- Issue Date: Sep 21, 2022
- Closing Date: Oct 4, 2022