Representative, Eritrea, P-5
Application deadline 1 year ago: Saturday 12 Dec 2020 at 17:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-5 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 10 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 170,295 USD and 213,418 USD.
Salary for a P-5 contract in AsmaraThe international rate of 110,869 USD, with an additional 53.6% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-5 contracts and their salaries.
This is an extended vacancy announcement. Those who had applied to the prior vacancy announcement do not need to re-apply.
Under the guidance of the Regional Director, you will lead the Country team in the development and management of an innovative Country Programme of Cooperation focused on population and development and universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights, including maternal health, family planning, gender, and adolescent and youth empowerment.
You are accountable for the effective implementation of the Country Programme, playing the lead role in promoting the mandate of the organization, and ensuring the integration of issues of sexual and reproductive health and rights in the broader national development agenda. Through engagement with national counterparts, UN Country Teams, compelling advocacy, and delivery of effective programmes, including in emergency settings, you serve on the frontline of the organization, validating both the mandate of the organization and its ability to deliver high quality support and results. Your ultimate accountability is to the people that you serve; the most vulnerable, excluded, or marginalized and for the causes that you serve; human rights, sustainable development and humanitarian relief.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Qualifications and Experience
Postgraduate university degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Health, Medicine, Sociology, Demography, Gender, International Relations, International Development, Economics, Public Administration, Management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in public administration and international development of which at least 8 years in the field of population and development, sexual and reproductive health or humanitarian at the international level;
- Current knowledge of issues of population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and their place in the development and humanitarian agenda;
- Proven ability to lead teams to achieve demonstrable and high quality results
- Experience at national and international level in advocacy and policy dialogue
- Experience in media/communication with partners, and public information
- Experience in international development, particularly in the mandate of UNFPA and dedication to the principles of the United Nations;
- Field experience is essential; experience from a developing, humanitarian or crisis context is an asset.
Fluency in English.