Reports Officer, SCCC, P-2, FT, Copenhagen, Denmark
Application deadline 2 years ago: Wednesday 14 Oct 2020 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-2 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 87,299 USD and 118,573 USD.
Salary for a P-2 contract in CopenhagenThe international rate of 57,661 USD, with an additional 51.4% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-2 contracts and their salaries.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, results
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Strategic office context:
The Strategy, Change & Country Support Centre (SCCC) in UNICEF’s Supply Division is looking for a person with excellent writing skills and with the ability to source content from technical experts and turn data and information into great reports that accentuate the results of the UNICEF supply function.
You will join a team of engaging colleagues responsible for Supply Division’s (SD’s) strategy and change management including results reporting.
Supplies serve a critical role in achieving UNICEF’s mandate for children. You will be contributing to showcasing results and supporting UNICEF’s commitment to transparency and accountability through the production of internal results reports. And you will be supporting employee engagement and strategic communication of our results through content production for all internal platforms.
How can you make a difference?
If you enjoy absorbing and organizing large amounts of technical text and data and presenting it in a user-friendly format and if you can create engaging content that showcases results and would you like to use your technical expertise to promote the work of UNICEF - then you’re the person we’re looking for.
The successful candidate is able to produce content of high quality and enjoys creating content that represents data and technical information accurately yet is easily understandable. The candidate is also able to engage with our technical experts in the areas of supply, logistics, financing, innovation and procurement of essential products for children such as vaccines, medicines, health technologies and water, sanitation and education supplies to source content and produce engaging reports with attention to detail.
The purpose of this role is to plan and produce strategic UNICEF Supply-related content for publication across all internal platforms; coordinate inputs from subject matter experts to develop products reporting on results and complementary narratives throughout the year and provide editing and fact checking of data inputs and written submissions for all content .
You will be accountable for:
- Sourcing content and producing copy in all multi-media formats / adapting UNICEF globally produced packages for publication to communicate UNICEF Supply’s contribution to realizing the UNICEF mandate.
- Coordinating with subject matter experts and managers to source, create and edit technical content for the production of reports and other content.
- Producing quarterly reports capturing the division’s key achievements for each quarter.
- Producing the Internal Annual Report (IAR): Through consultation with centres, compile the IAR to capture the division’s key achievements for the year.
- Provide supply input to the Executive Director Annual Report (EDAR) and other annual results reports (ARRs):
- Copy-editing and data management/verification for all major public-facing SD products.
- Updating and managing SD’s Acronyms Database.
- Supporting editorial production plans for internal platforms based on SD priorities.
- Writing articles for all internal platforms which amplify key results and improve staff engagement by giving visibility to the impact of UNICEF Supply’s work.
- Other writing and editing support as necessary.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A first level university degree in the field of communication, international relations or related field is required.
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience at the international and national level in the field of development, humanitarian aid and/or procurement with demonstrated experience in editing, writing and reporting is required.
- Minimum two years of experience writing, editing and proof-reading for both web and print.
- Demonstrated experience in writing technical reports as well as engaging and compelling narratives.
- Experience of working at a UN organization is an asset.
- Experience working with multimedia formats is an asset
- SharePoint experience is an asset
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this post are;
- Builds and maintains partnerships (level 1)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and Ethical awareness (level 1)
- Drive to achieve results for impact (level 1)
- Innovates and embraces change (level 1)
- Thinks and acts strategically (level 1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (level 1)
- Works collaboratively with others (level 1)
The functional competencies required for this post are;
- Relating and networking (level I)
- Learning and researching (level I)
- Planning and organising (level I)
- Creating and innovating (level I)
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.