Relief, Reintegration and Protection (RRP) Officer
Application deadline 2 months ago: Thursday 1 Apr 2021
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Chief for Relief, Reintegration and Protection or his/her designate, and direct supervision of the RRP Field Office Team Leader, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Monitor and analyze of ongoing and emerging developments/events relevant for the implementation of the Mission’s mandate, especially protection of civilians, return and reintegration of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs);
- Provide coordination support between the Mission and international partners and humanitarians delivering services inside and outside of protection of Civilians sites across the country;
- Work with the local authorities on needs assessments, strategic planning, formulation of activities and related tasks for relief, reintegration and protection;
- Participate in joint integrated patrols and interview civilian population, IDPs, returnees and local authorities on protection, return and reintegration mechanisms and concerns;
- Liaising with local authorities, work with and facilitate the UN Agencies and international partners to effectively implement their programs and activities in the field office area of responsibility;
- In collaboration with other substantive sections, coordinate interagency efforts to facilitate return and reintegration of IDPs from the Protection of Civilians (POC) sites and IDP camps including supporting initiatives for enhancing inter- communal co-existence and cohesion in areas of return;
- Support formulation and oversight of the UNMISS Quick Impact Projects, including conducting regular reporting in coordination with RRP HQ in Juba;
- Provide reporting on relief, reintegration and protection, and any related development and humanitarian issues in the area of assignment;
- Where and when required support humanitarian and emergency response;
- Conduct intentional training and mentoring to build capacity of local counterparts and coleagues;
- Other tasks in line with the change of UNMISS’s mandate.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Political or Social Sciences, International Affairs, Public administration, Development or any other related field.
Minimum 3 years experience for Master degree and 5 years experience for Bachelor degree in Protection of civilians, return & reintegration, coordination with local officials and humanitarian/development partners.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Other civil society or community development experience
Area of expertise details:
- Protection of civilians, return & reintegration, coordination with local officials and humanitarian/development partners is Mandatory
- Emergency response, immediate relief operations, and post-conflict humanitarian aid operations is Mandatory
- Solid computer skills, including full proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word etc.) and other IT applications and office technology equipment.
- Sound security awareness.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 01 April 2021