Refugee UNV Assistant to the Task Team on Engagement and Partnership with PoC-led Organizations
Application deadline 1 year ago: Wednesday 7 Apr 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV Refugee contract. More about UNV Refugee contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be refugees in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the UNHCR DER Associate External Relations Officer in collaboration with the DIP Protection Officer (CBP), the Refugee UNV Assistant to the Task Team on Engagement and Partnership with PoC-led Organizations will support in the following tasks:
Finalization of the mapping tool and roll out of the mapping exercise
- Liaising with Information Management focal points to complete the mapping tool
- Liaising with Regional Bureaus and Operations
- Monitoring and cleaning the data submitted through the tool
- Analyzing the results of the mapping exercise & presenting to various stakeholders
Development of guiding principles of engagement and partnership with PoC-led organizations
- Reviewing existing guidance, tools and policies
- Consulting with various stakeholders within the Task Team, as well as the PoC (Persons of Concern) Advisory Board
Creation of an information repository of the existing guidance, tools and good practices related to engagement with PoC-led organizations
- Liaising with Digital Engagement colleagues to identify and create a platform for the information repository
- Collecting existing guidance, tools and good practices from a variety of stakeholders, including Regional Bureaus
- Organizing the information in a structured and accessible manner
- Identifying gaps in existing guidance, tools and good practices
Organization of two GRF follow up events (one overall stock-taking event with PoC-led organizations, NGOs & states; one side event with a select group of states on meaningful participation)
- Coordinating with the PoC Advisory Board to set the agenda, identify speakers and define the structure of the event
- Liaising with the GRF team, task team members and other entities
- Inviting and preparing speakers for the events
- Developing and sending invites for the events
- Coordinating the documentation of the events, as well as follow up
Participation in the monthly Task Team meetings, as well as other related discussions, serving as the notetaker
Coordinating regularly with the PoC Advisory Board to ensure their meaningful participation in the various workstreams related to the Task Team, as well as identify promising practices
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor
Required degree level:
Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant area, (e.g., social work, law, anthropology, development studies or any other relevant field) is desirable.
- Completed Secondary Education;
- Strong oral and written skills, as well as drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Experience with research and analysis;
- Attention to detail in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; and office technology equipment;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; and ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with minimum supervision; and ability to work with tight deadlines; and
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant area, (e.g., social work, law, anthropology, development studies or any other relevant field);
- Experience with PoC-led organisation and/or Community-Based organizations as any experience working with the UN or other international development organization;
- Experience with organizing consultative processes, ideally with displaced persons;
- Have affinity with or interest in the protection of PoC to UNHCR, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System;
- Familiarity with database management; and
- Working knowledge of a second UN Language (French, Spanish or Arabic) is an advantage.
Important, please, read before applying.
- This assignment is open only for the application of refugees; who are recognized as Refugees by the competent authorities responsible for granting of Refugee status in the Country of residence/refuge, or person has been recognized as a Refugee in accordance with UNHCR mandate and has right to reside legally in the country of refuge.
- Official document as a proof of refugee status is mandatory to submit. The applicant with abovementioned refugee status should submit the official document as a proof of refugee status before and/or during the interview. The applications without the respective document will not be considered for this assignment.
- Duty Station and Entitlements: The selected candidate’s contracting duty station & entitlements will be where the candidate is recognized with a refugee status in the country of current residency. There will be no re-location to Geneva.
- The candidate should be at least 22 years of age as a part of the requirement of Refugee UN Volunteer (RUNV) modality.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Database design, administration and maintenance, Community participation and development, Protection of refugees, asylum seekers and IDPs
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 07-04-2021