Refugee UNV Assistant to the Global Appeal and Reports Section
Application deadline 1 year ago: Sunday 26 Sep 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV Refugee contract. More about UNV Refugee contracts.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Associate Donor Relations Officer (Global Focus content management) in collaboration with the Chief of Section, the Refugee UNV Assistant to the Global Appeal and Reports Section will support in the following tasks:
Inclusion of refugee voices in the work of the Section/Service
- Exploring creative ways to reflect refugee (or forcible displaced) voices in appeals, reports and other publications produced/co-produced by the section.
- Drafting and developing good practices for the Section/service to follow in terms of engaging with refugees.
Design creative content
- Conceptualizing infographics with data on budget, targets, indicators, results, etc.
- Helping design the new results-based framework for presentation in the Global Appeal.
- Presenting content in a structured and accessible manner for the print publications, microsites and presentations produced/co-produced by the Section.
Innovative thinking around Global Focus redesign
- Familiarizing with the Global Focus website and the current platform it’s built on.
- Participating in discussions on Global Focus reform, including any meetings within/outside the Section.
- Contributing to the Global Focus redesign by proposing creative ideas in terms of design (in line with UNHCR brand guidelines), presenting the content in a meaningful way.
Keep abreast on the information related to the new results-based framework (COMPASS), different global platforms/UNHCR systems like refugee data, inter-agency portal, etc. and analyse/understand the impact of any new developments on the work of the Section.
Any other tasks related to appeals, Global Focus and reports.
Educational additional comments
- Completed Secondary Education
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant area, (e.g., international relations, social work, law, anthropology, development studies or any other relevant field);
- Experience with designing documents, preferable with creative cloud apps like InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Strong design, oral and written skills, as well as drafting, formulation, reporting skills
- Experience working/engaging with the UN or other international development organization
Assignment Remarks: Important, please, read before applying.
- This assignment is open only for the application of refugees; who are recognized as Refugees by the competent authorities responsible for granting of Refugee status in the Country of residence/refuge, or person has been recognized as a Refugee in accordance with UNHCR mandate and has right to reside legally in the country of refuge.
- Official document as a proof of refugee status is mandatory to submit. The applicant with abovementioned refugee status should submit the official document as a proof of refugee status before and/or during the interview. The applications without the respective document will not be considered for this assignment.
- Duty Station and Entitlements: The selected candidate’s contracting duty station & entitlements will be where the candidate is recognized with a refugee status in the country of current residency. There will be no re-location to Geneva.
- The candidate should be at least 22 years of age as a part of the requirement of Refugee UN Volunteer (RUNV) modality.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise details
- Experience with research and analysis;
- Attention to detail in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; and office technology equipment;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; and ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with minimum supervision; and ability to work with tight deadlines.
Fluency in spoken and written English is required; Working knowledge of a second UN Language (French, Spanish or Arabic) is an advantage.
- Familiarity with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Have affinity with or interest in the protection of people of concern to UNHCR, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System; and
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
- Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 26/09/2021