Readvertisement: Supply Associate, GS-6, Jakarta, Indonesia - for Indonesians only
Application deadline 1 year ago: Wednesday 4 Aug 2021 at 16:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 1,525 USD.
Salary for a G-6 contract in JakartaThe salary of a G-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 23,972,417 IDR (~1,525 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-6 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, support
UNICEF Indonesia has been continuously supporting the Government of Indonesia through the Ministry of Health in respond to the Covid-19 pandemic since early 2020. With the recent development in vaccine invention, UNICEF at the global level also plays an important role as the coordinator for vaccine procurement under COVAX facility. Further, the increase demand of Covid-19 vaccine will not only related to the procurement of vaccine itself but also will affect the needs for other supporting equipment, especially for Cold Chain Equipment (CCE). Considering this factor, UNICEF foreseen that there will be more procurement in conjunction with the vaccine and CCE.
Further, the challenge will be facing with regard to the distribution and installation of the equipment since the area to be covered is quite vast. In order to maintain its level of support to the Government of Indonesia and in anticipating the upcoming high volume procurement related to vaccine, CCE and other items related to Covid-19 respond as well as other procurement activities, UNICEF would like to hire a Supply Associate (GS6) level based in Jakarta to support the activities. Duration of contract is for 1 year (364 days).
This is a re-advertisement. Applicants who had previously applied will be considered and need not re-apply.
How can you make a difference?
The incumbent will perform following tasks:
- In consultation with supervisor, provide input to the Country Programme Action Planning and advise on Supply requirements for the Plan of Operations and Annual Work Plans. Participate in the forecasting, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain operations, including establishment of performance indicators, and assessment of fit for purpose of products and services.
- Support supply emergency preparedness and response activities including establishment of Long Term Arrangements (LTAs), Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, and pre-positioning of stock.
- In-country logistics
- Warehousing and inventory management
- Alternative delivery mechanisms and procurement services
Please refer to the Term of Reference attached for detail breakdowns of the above key functions.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to supply chain, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative experience in supply chain management or a commercial context is required. Understanding of development and humanitarian work is an advantage.
- Having knowledge in procurement of CCE is an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of a range of specialized topics, including the relevant supply chain policies, partnership mechanisms, rules and regulations.
- High level of proficiency or skill is required in the interpretation and application of specialized rules and regulations to the particular circumstances of complex individual cases.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF office tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relevant supply chain processes and ability to consistently apply relevant policies, procedures and good practices in the daily work. Good judgement in order to handle complex cases including considerations for exceptions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor.
- Ability to use supply related modules within UNICEF ERP system.
- Ability to establish priorities and plan his/her own work and plan, coordinate and monitor the work of those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to draft clear and concise reports or rationale for supply related decisions on key issues.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies:
•Builds and Maintains Partnerships •Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness •Drive to achieve results for impact •Innovates and embraces change •Manages ambiguity and complexity •Thinks and acts strategically •Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
This position is not considered an elevated risk role. However, UNICEF reserves the right to conduct further vetting/ assessment within the scope of child safeguarding as appropriate.
Remarks: The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. For information on compensation and benefits provided by UNICEF, please see the following link: https://www.unicef.org/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing This vacancy is open for Indonesians only.