Re-advertisement: Temporary Appointment: Programme Assistant, GS-5, UNICEF Vientiane, Lao PDR
Application deadline in 2 days: Monday 6 Feb 2023 at 16:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-5 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 839 USD.
Salary for a G-5 contract in VientianeThe salary of a G-5 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 839 USD
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-5 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR, requires an experienced and qualified Lao National to fill the position of Temporary Appointment (TA) Programme Assistant at GS-5 level to be based in UNICEF Country Office in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Under the close supervision and guidance of the supervisor(s), the programme assistant supports the respective section(s) by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Mycase.
- Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
- Providing travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint
- Strong office management skills.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.