Re-advertisement: National Individual Consultancy: Individual contract to provide support to the Ministry of Health on the implementation of the community RMNCAH service delivery
Application deadline 1 month ago: Sunday 4 Dec 2022 at 16:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF is a UN organization mandated by the UN General Assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and to expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. In Lao PDR, UNICEF is working with its partners to support the Government to realize children’s rights on survival, development, protection and participation.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, support.
UNICEF in Vientiane, Lao PDR is looking for an Individual National consultant to provide support to the Ministry of Health on the implementation of the community RMNCAH service delivery. The duration of this assignment is 11.5 months, with the possibility of renewal depending on satisfactory performance and extension of the programme. The consultant will be based in Ministry of Health, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR.
Summary of key functions/Accountabilities:
Specific responsibilities include the following tasks:
- Support the PHC Division, Ministry of Health, in coordinated planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting on RMNCAH Strategy implementation with focus on community RMNCAH in collaboration with all relevant units in Provincial and District Health Offices and hospitals and UNJP partners.
- Provide support for the coordination with relevant Health Departments and Centres and various Strategic Objective (SO) sub-committees for community-level RMNCAH and assist the PHC Division in convening quarterly technical meetings of community RMNCAH with various SOs.
- Facilitate linkages, strengthen coordination and communication between Central and sub-national level work on community based RMNCAH interventions.
- Coordinate with LuxDev project to ensure synergy between UNJP and LuxDev project on community RMNCAH.
- Conduct visits to provincial health departments and discuss with the authorities progress made towards implementation of UNJP supported RMNCAH activities at the community level and facilitate acceleration of implementation.
- Provide support to RMNCAH and PHC provincial focal points in UNJP focus provinces (Bokeo, Bolikhamxay and Savannakhet) in the implementation of community RMNCAH service delivery.
- Facilitate collaboration between local authorities and the health sector to strengthen local health governance and community engagement, including building enabling environment for village health volunteers (VHVs) to function as expected by MoH, including support for establishing regular monitoring visits to VHVs.
Coordination and technical support for community-based activities with ongoing CONNECT (Community Network Engagement for Essential health services and COVID-19 responses through Trust) Initiative for coherent approach to local health governance and community engagement.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, International Development or another relevant area.
- At least three years of relevant experience in planning and coordinating health programmes at provincial, district or community level, with a specific focus on RMNCAH.
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with the UN’s procedures on the Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT) is considered an asset.
- Previous work experience in the Ministry of Health, provincial health administration, UN agency or INGO in the health sector is considered an asset.
- The ability to work and collaborate with Government, UN agencies and NGOs.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A hands-on, practical approach.
- A good command of English (speaking and writing) is required.
- Proficiency in local ethnic languages is considered an asset.
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents:
- Letter of Interest (cover letter)
- CV or Resume
- Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments (if available)
- Financial proposal: monthly consultancy fee.
The deadline for applications is 4 December 2022.
A two-stage procedure shall be utilized in evaluating proposals, with evaluation of the technical proposal being completed prior to any price proposal being compared.
Applications shall therefore contain the following required documentation:
1. Technical Proposal: including a cover letter and updated CV
2. Financial Proposal: monthly consultancy fee.
No financial information should be contained in the technical proposal.
For evaluation and selection method, the Cumulative Analysis Method (weight combined score method) shall be used for this recruitment.
Technical Qualification (max. 100 points) weight 70%
- Relevant degree (10 points)
- Knowledge of national RMNCAH strategic framework (30 points)
- Experience in supporting the implementation of primary health care/ RMNCAH programmes at national/sub-national and community level in Lao PDR (40 points)
- Quality of past work (20 points)
b) Financial Proposal (max. 100 points) weight 30%
The maximum number of points shall be allotted to the lowest financial proposal that is opened/evaluated and compared among those technical qualified candidates who have attained a minimum 70 points score in the technical evaluation. Other financial proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
The applicants should provide medical insurance covering medical evacuation for the whole duration of the assignment, as part of the financial proposal submission.
The Contract shall be awarded to candidate obtaining the highest combined technical and financial scores, subject to the satisfactory result of the verification interview if needed.
Please find the ToR here: ToR RMNCAH support staff in central PHC Unit for VA.pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at here
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.