(Re-advertisement) Individual Contractor – Salesforce Production Support Engineer, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO), Bangkok
Application deadline 1 year ago: Wednesday 1 Dec 2021 at 16:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a Consultancy contract. More about Consultancy contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfilling their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future
UNICEF works to ensure the rights of all children in the East Asia and Pacific Region. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
The Regional ICT and Digital Innovation Section, UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office (EAPRO) is seeking an individual contractor to provide technical support for the platforms relating to the implementation of Supporter Engagement -strategy in the region. The incumbent will be responsible for administration, configuration, troubleshooting, fault identification, rectification, performance and health monitoring of the Supporter Engagement platforms. He/she should ensure adherence to corporate information security and data privacy standards, in addition to alignment with PCI compliance requirements. The contractor is expected to develop both functional and technical understanding of SES applications stack and to bring a proactive approach to the identification of problems and faster resolutions. The contractor will provide go-live support, taking ownership and responding to operational issues and communication to the wider team. Acting as regional point of contact, the contractor will be part of the global DevOps team and will be actively involved in application delivery and enhancements. Demonstrating strong ability, effectively self-managing priorities and being able to collaborate effectively between end user and delivery team will help succeed in the role.
Description of the Assignment:
The Contractor will work in close collaboration with the Regional ICT and Digital Innovation on technical deliverables and a dotted reporting line to Technical Lead (CRM Solutions) in ICT Division/Digital Core-Valencia.
On business issues, the contractor will work very closely with EAPRO Regional Chief of Private Sector Fundraising. Tasks include:
- Provides and takes ownership of L2/L3 support to end users on Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and associated applications. This would be done either directly by the contractor or (especially for L3 support) through the ICT Division’s Salesforce team.
- Performs Salesforce administrative tasks, such as user maintenance, security settings and conducts regular security/configuration audits.
- Creates and maintains documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, user support materials and systems operational manuals and documents.
- Supports in data analysis and management, including data de-duplication/cleanup. Audits, uncovers and resolves data integrity issues.
- Works with large data volumes for data migration, data update/correction by using Apex Data loader, Dataloader.io or associated tools.
- Creates and trains users in the creation and maintenance of Reports and Dashboards in Salesforce.
- Performs analysis and diagnosis of systems problems, including debugging of codes and proactively identifying areas for process improvement and automation.
- Proactively monitors applications and ensures stability and availability of the production environment by responding to alerts.
- Assists in post-implementation and continuous improvement efforts to enhance and optimize the CRM platform and associated applications.
- Follows established change management strategies to identify changes required in the systems and communicates to the users in advance to ensure smooth operations of the systems.
- Supports the global Salesforce delivery team in the production of release notes in the upgrade and enhancement of production environment.
- Works closely with end users to understand business requirements for any support requests/enhancements.
- Is part of global development operations and technical teams and participates in agile delivery (enhancement, new features, etc...).
- Manages daily workload and maintains Service Level Agreement (SLA) to provide quality services to end users. Also, responsible for establishing and maintaining a measurable, automated incident management process (e.g., on the ServiceNow corporate platform).
Work plan and schedule will be agreed upon start of the contract by the consultant and contract’s
Periodic Performance Reviews:
A. Monthly based on tasks assigned and completed successfully.
B. Based on periodic reports submitted.
Duration of Contract: 11.5-month throughout the period of 1 December 2021 – 15 November 2022
The contractor will be based in the Bangkok UNICEF Regional Office. Travel to supported offices may be required.
Any required travel and logistics related to this assignment will be discussed with the supervisor in advance and agreed upon mutually.
The contractor will largely work out of the Bangkok UNICEF Regional Office. [Given the COVID-19 situation, working remotely from another country would also be considered.] Contractor to use own laptop and other necessary infrastructure/equipment.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
A University degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology management or related field is required. Certification in Salesforce (Administrator/Developer) is required.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Has the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and continuous improvement mindset.
- Experience working in a UN organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community cloud). Experience with non-profit success pack is a plus.
- 4+ years’ experience in application support and development within a global model. Experience of working and supporting web applications such as Drupal, SharePoint is an asset.
- Experience with ITIL and Service Management.
- Experience of working and managing Salesforce app exchange packages.
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and able to adept the changing priorities and to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a global distributed team.
- Knowledge on integration platform (Azure Services), Single Sign-On, Security, Certificate Management, Payment Gateways, Web Services, API, OpenID Connect and ability to troubleshoot in production environment.
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 3 references, availability, and proposed monthly professional fee in USD by 1 December 2021****.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.