Provincial Liaison Specialist
Application deadline 1 year ago: Friday 23 Jul 2021 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in Pakistan focuses its efforts on poverty reduction, food security, sustainable livelihoods and rural development. FAO has collaborated with the Government of Pakistan on research and development, training, extension services and strengthening of the staff capacity in planning and policymaking. FAO has supported improvements in agricultural policy analysis, strengthened institutions. Enhanced integrated area development and expanded participation of marginalized and vulnerable communities in sustainable development.
The position will be based at Lahore and will support numerous activities/ projects under FAO Pakistan’s profile.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Pakistan, the direct supervision of Assistant FAO Representative (Program), Technical Advisor, and close coordination with International Officer in Multan
- Facilitate regular Provincial meetings and ensure full participation by all relevant stakeholders;
- Facilitate in successful implementation of the on-going project activities and formulation of new projects
- Assist Programs team in preparation and finalization of strategic documents related to Project implementation
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as liaison between FAO and Government of Panjab, academia and other institutions working in Punjab.
- Create, foster and maintain a wide network of contacts and partnership with Govt. bodies, INGOs, UN agencies and other stake holders in Punjab;
- Maintain high level of public relations and communication with Departments of Agriculture, Irrigation , Planning and Development, Livestock, Forestry and Food and other related stakeholders in Punjab;
- Support the Government of Punjab for implementation of FAO projects
- Identify various opportunities in the food and agriculture sector where FAO support would be require and develop concept note accordingly.
- Prepare concept notes on various emerging and potential projects
- Conduct stakeholder mapping and analysis for smoothly implementation of FAO Projects, including, but not limited to, “Transforming Indus Basin with Climate Resilient Agriculture and Water Management” project in Punjab, Pakistan Locust Emergency Project, Foot and Mouth Control and Eradication activities, Building Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Portfolio of Punjab;
- Facilitate the GCF provincial technical committee and the provincial steering committee
- Provide support in organizing meetings and consultation workshops;
- Support Programs section in their communications with Provincial and District Government Departments in collection of Government data for FAO Pakistan’s planning purposes;
- Assist Programs section on specific regulations implemented by the Provincial authorities that impact the ability to implement activities and/or impact the speed of implementation;
- Ensure representation at local coordination meetings (both public and private platforms) to highlight and advocate FAO work at different forums;
- Ensure coordination between FAO Country Office and Provincial Government and line departments of Punjab;
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advance university degree in agricultural sciences, economics, public policy or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 08 years’ of work experience within UN, International NGOs, Government, donor agencies, or other reputed international development organizations
- Experience in dealing with Government Departments at Provincial and district level.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English.
- National of Pakistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Remain open to change and ability to manage complexity.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Ability to deal with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high-ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Familiar with FAO procedures, possess strong supervisory, communication, team building and computing skills (word processing, spreadsheets and data-bases).
Candidates will be assessed against the requirements listed above. Preference should be given to local candidates.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/