Protection Project Manager Iraq Nineveh-Open to Iraq Nationals Only
Application deadline 4 days ago: Sunday 26 Nov 2023 at 20:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 8 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 8 (NRC) contracts.
What we are looking for
NRC Iraq is looking for a Protection Manager in Nineveh. The role holder will be responsible for rolling out the Protection from Violence programme in Mosul, mentoring the newly recruited team and ensuring a qualitative implementation of activities. The programme will focus on protection case management integrated with Information, Counselling, and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in addition to protection monitoring and analysis.
**This role is open to Iraq nationals only**
What You Will Do
- Support the training, mentoring, and coaching of Specialised Protection Services on Protection Case Management, in-line with NRC modalities and toolkit, and in coordination with the Specialist.
- Ensure the alignment of Specialised Protection activities among the different field teams and provide feedback on the development of common guidelines and SOPs to the Specialist.
- Provide area-based conflict sensitive and protection analysis and monitoring based on programmatic demands.
- Maintain a case management tracking system in line with Country Office approach and tools.
- Monitor trends in protection risks resulting in provision of Specialised Protection Services and engage with other protection actors, including other protection teams in NRC, to address risks at the community level.
- Facilitate mediations and dialogue when needed and relevant with local authorities, security forces and community leadership to improve impact of the Specialised Protection Services in coordination with the Area Manager, Health Safety and Security Manager, and Protection Specialist.
- Ensure implementation of appropriate Monitoring & Evaluation response, including engaging M&E team to develop tools and approaches and offering training on safe M&E of Specialised Protection activities.
- Contribute to capturing lessons learnt on the project methodology and implementation.
Please download thedetailed job description to learn more about the position.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical protection case management expertise.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Degree in social work, psychology, or social sciences. Psychosocial counselling training, a plus.
- Strong understanding of basic counselling and psychosocial support concepts; extensive experience in providing those services to marginalized groups and individuals exposed to violence.
- Knowledge of the context in area of operation.
What We Offer
- Mosul, Iraq duty station.
- Travel: Approximately 30% in country
- Open to Iraq nationals only
- Senior Grade 8 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility.
Important information about the application process
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to give detailed feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted.
- For any queries, please email us at [email protected] with “Protection Manager, Mosul Iraq”.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. Our 15,000 staff work in crises across 40 countries, providing life-saving and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
Learn more about NRC’s operations in Iraq here.
Watch this short video to see NRC in action.