Project Support Officer (Business and Human Rights Program)
Application deadline 8 months ago: Tuesday 5 Apr 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
This UNV assignment is part of UNDP Business and Human Rights (B+HR) program. B+HR is a global initiative part of UNDP’s Global Programme on Rule of Law Security and Human Rights (Phase IV). It aims at supporting the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) as a means to address business-related risks and adverse impacts through interventions at global, regional and country level.
As a part of a wider effort to reduce its risk profile and address systemic rights abuses in some value chains, Indonesia has embarked on work to develop a National Strategy on Business and Human Rights (NS-BHR). Currently, this important policy document, aligned with the UNGPs, is being developed under the guidance of the Indonesian Ministry of Law and Human Rights with key ministries, civil society organizations (CSOs) and business associations formed as the Task Force to further finalize and implement the National Strategy.
The B+HR program also produces guidance to companies as they address COVID-19 related human rights risks in their supply chains. Several trainings for Indonesian business on human rights due diligence and COVID-19 have already been conducted, with significant levels of interest.
For more details of UNDP B+HR program please visit: https://bizhumanrights.asia-pacific.undp.org
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Business and Human Rights Specialist or the designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Project Support Officer for Business and Human Rights Program will be providing support to:
Management and operations (finance, assets management, administration, procurement, human resources/HR) of the B+HR program at national level, and implementation of project activities in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations, and awareness-raising, capacity building and advocacy activities at project and national level.
- Contribute to the implementation of annual work plans according to project document and for relevant projects in the portfolio;
- Draft inputs and coordinate the preparation of periodic narrative progress reports including annual and quarterly reports, and expenditure status reports for all relevant projects;
- Coordinate development and preparation of financial resources including annual workplan budgeting and budget revisions, and expenditure tracking and revisions;
- Assist in the development of documents such as project concept notes, presentations, terms of references, meetings report, communication materials, monthly publications, among others;
- Support the coordination and management of events, meetings, workshops, seminars and trainings to support knowledge building and exchange of best practices;
- Participate in internal and external meetings, events and other necessary engagement;
- Support day-to-day project implementation and the expenditure of funds;
- Assist in partnerships and communication with the UN Agencies, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector firms and civil society organizations in the specific thematic areas based on the strategic goals of UNDP Country Offices, country needs and donors’ priorities.
• Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
As an active Business and Human Rights program team member, efficient, timely, responsive, client-friendly and high-quality support rendered to UNDP and its beneficiaries in the accomplishment of her/his functions, including: - Effective delivery of project implementation support services ensuring effective operational management of project and transparent utilization of financial resources; - Communications, awareness raising, capacity building and advocacy at national level.
☒ Adaptability and Flexibility ☒ Building Trust ☒ Client Orientation ☒ Commitment and Motivation ☒ Commitment to Continuous Learning ☒ Communication ☒ Creativity ☒ Empowering Others ☒ Ethics and Values ☒ Integrity ☒ Judgement and Decision-making ☒ Knowledge Sharing ☒ Planning and Organizing ☒ Professionalism ☒ Respect for Diversity ☒ Self-Management ☒ Technological Awareness ☒ Vision ☒ Working in Teams
professional work experience at the national and/or international level in project management, program and policy work preferably in Human Rights or Responsible Business and Sustainability fields, or other relevant programs; experience or familiarity with the UNGPs is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization; • At least 3 years (for bachelor’s degree) or 1 years (for Master’s degree) • Experience working with governments, business, and civil society, preferably in Asia on Human Rights is also an asset. • Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills; • Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials.
-National UN Volunteer Specialist receives approximately IDR 8,237,403.08 as Monthly Living Allowance. -Provided with assignment travel cost and entry lumpsum if applicable. -Enrolled in health, life, disability insurance. -Applicable dependents (primary family unit, up to 3) are eligible for health insurance. -Entitled to annual leave, 2.5 days per month. -Provided with exit lumpsum to support transition at the end of assignment.
For more information about UNV Conditions of Service and Entitlements, please refer to the following: