Project Associate, Markets for Change Project (Open to Vanuatu Nationals Only)
Application deadline 3 months ago: Tuesday 14 Jun 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a SB-3 contract. This kind of contract is known as Service Board / Service Contract. It is normally only for nationals. More about SB-3 contracts.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women provides support to Member States’ efforts and priorities in meeting their gender equality goals and for building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
The UN Women Fiji Multi-Country Office (MCO) covering the Pacific sub-region has four main thematic areas:
- Ending Violence against Women (EVAW);
- Improving Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE);
- Women’s Political Empowerment and Leadership; and
- Gender and Protection in Humanitarian Action.
The Markets for Change Project promotes gender equality through the economic empowerment of women market vendors in Fiji, Samoa, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu. The project brings together governments, market vendors and market vendor associations, civil society organizations and UN agencies. M4C is implemented by UN Women in partnership with UNDP, and the Governments of Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
Reporting to the National Project Manager – Country Lead - Vanuatu, the Project Associate will be responsible for providing administrative, finance and operations support for the M4C project in Vanuatu.
The Project Associate will work in close collaboration with the M4C Vanuatu Team and Fiji MCO staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provides effective support to management of the M4C Project focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provide support to the Country lead and Regional Finance Officer in the financial management of the project.
- Provide guidance to the Vanuatu M4C Project on routine implementation and tracking of financial resources.
- Provide necessary required information to any audit requirement of the project and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, the Fiji Multi Country- Office, and project team, as inputs to various databases, documents and UN Women online financial management systems.
- Support the Project team in the tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
Provides administrative, secretarial, financial and operational support to the M4C Project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of non-PO vouchers for M4C Project.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in ATLAS and budget check for requisition, registration of goods receipt in ATLAS, preparation of budget and upload of supporting document, processing payment request and preparation of ATLAS reports.
- Check the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for the Project, including payment execution and monitoring payment status.
- Prepare and handle routine correspondence related to general administration, procurement, financial and personnel matters, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with UN Women rules and procedures.
- Provide administrative and logistic support to organization of conferences, training workshops, retreats, missions related to M4C project activities.
- Ensure all supporting documents on financial transactions are secured and properly filed.
- Liaise with Field Office focal point in following up on FACE forms.
- Develop an efficient filing system to keep all relevant information related to M4C
- Support the drafting of minutes, invitation letters and preparation of document for meeting and its distribution for M4C Vanuatu.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and track expenses for monitoring purposes
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the M4C Project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide support to the Regional Finance Officer on all aspects of financial management.
- Provide support in creating knowledge hub for M4C Project
- Provide support to the facilitation / organizing of trainings for the projects staff on M4C Project.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in M4C Project.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Use UN Women MCO share point as repository site by uploading all critical documents and correspondence related to M4C projects.
- Maintain copies of mission reports and prepare tracking sheet for follow up actions and document repository.
- Maintain record of M4C narrative and financial reports, audits, monitoring plans, minutes, agreements, etc.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for CO management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
UN Women Statement on Diversity and Inclusion:
At UN Women, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. UN Women recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, integrity and organizational need.
If you need any reasonable accommodation to support your participation in the recruitment and selection process, please include this information in your application.
UN Women has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UN Women, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to UN Women’s policies and procedures and the standards of conduct expected of UN Women personnel and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. (Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check).