Project Associate, GS-6, Belgrade, Serbia
Application deadline 3 months ago: Friday 2 Oct 2020
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education. More about G-6 contracts.
UNICEF Serbia Country Office is looking for qualified candidates for the following staff position, which is subject to receiving approval of the new office structure for the next Country Programme (2021-2025), to be received from the Regional Office in October 2020.
Providing quality education for all is one of the top priorities for UNICEF in Serbia. Through the new Country Programme 2021-2025 for education, UNICEF Serbia will continue to support further development and implementation of inclusive education, in order to support the most vulnerable children to realize their full potential through participation in quality and inclusive primary and secondary education.
Under the supervision of the Education Specialist, the Project Associate will be working as part of the Education section and will support the implementation of the Education programme in the area of digitalization and inclusive education to solve essential challenges for children and to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). S/he will support the implementation of EU funded projects in the area of education.
The Project Associate will work in close collaboration with a range of staff in the CO, as well as external partners and agency counterparts in support of programme design and delivery. S/he will provide regular feedback on the status of projects through monitoring milestones and advise on improvements to keep activities on track.
Key functions and accountabilities:
- Provide programmatic support and assistance in managing, organizing and coordinating activities related to the Education programme
- Support monitoring and reporting of Education programme results
- Support financial management and implementation
- At least a secondary education degree, preferably with a specialized certification in Accounting and Finance. A university degree in Education, Social Sciences, Business or Public Administration would be desirable.
- A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in implementation of large reform projects in the education sector (education quality, education inclusion, etc.).
- Experience and knowledge of rules and procedures related to EU–funded projects.
- Experience with projects implemented in cooperation with national institutions.
- A good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Strong office management skills, including organization, planning and prioritizing.
- A high sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage the section’s material resources and monitor its budget.
- Experience in using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Experience with using SharePoint or SAP is desirable.
- Fluency in both Serbian and English.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For every child, you must demonstrate UNICEF's core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF’s office is accessible to a certain extent, and employees are entitled to reasonable accommodations that are needed for ensuring equitable working conditions.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will therefore undergo reference and background checks.