Application deadline 1 year ago: Wednesday 21 Oct 2020 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
FAO Ukraine is a project management Office headed by the Regional Programme Leader (RPL) under the operational responsibility of the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia. The Office provides support to Ukraine to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The selected candidate will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Regional Programme Leader for Europe and Central Asia/Budget Holder, the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator in Ukraine and Kramatorsk Head of Field Office, in close coordination Kyiv Admin Unit, Mariupol Field Office and relevant partners.
Responsible for provision of assistance in programmatic and operational aspects of FAO response and recovery programme in eastern Ukraine.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Carry out all administrative tasks of the Field Office, including support to field missions (security clearance, travel authorization, travel expense claim, etc).
- Contribute to day-to-day tasks of the FAO programs in the Eastern Ukraine.
- Provide financial monitoring, management of petty cash and preparation of financial reports.
- Maintain office files, records, reports, HR and local procurement on track and in accordance with FAO rules and procedures.
- Assist the FAO Kyiv Admin with translation of documents and other correspondence, as necessary;
- Provide interpretation during official meetings and field visits, as necessary;
- Process incoming and draft outgoing correspondence, e-mails, reports and other written materials;
- Keep close track of FAO fleet management, including driver’s logs;
- Prepare field missions and assist FAO personnel in the region
- Accompany FAO experts in field missions, as necessary
- Assist in organization of trainings, workshops and other outreach events.
- Alternate with the Head of Field Office and attend UN coordination meetings, as necessary.
- Carry out other relevant tasks as and when requested by the Supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Social sciences, etc
- Three years of relevant experience in administrative and office support work.
- Language skills: Working knowledge (Level C) of English; fluency in Russian and Ukrainian.
- IT Skills: MS Office. Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in an appropriate format.
- National of Ukraine
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/