Application deadline 5 months ago: Tuesday 26 Sep 2023 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Youth contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Youth contracts.
The project is to enhance capability of target countries to produce quality, granular and timely statistics in specific data areas to measure and mitigate the impact of Covid-19 and eventually monitor sectoral recovery and safeguard policies, leaving no one behind. The incumbent should assist in implementing the activities related to the newly received DA account, DA14, on monitoring economic disparities.
Under the supervision of the statistician, the UN Volunteer is responsible to perform the following functions:
- Assist in compiling, processing and manipulating data sets derived from a variety of sources;
- Assemble and examine original statistical material to ensure accuracy, clarity and validity, and make appropriate adjustments;
- Assist in drafting papers, reports and presentations;
- Provide administrative assistance and backstopping services in the organization of training workshops, meetings and seminars that are programmed within the above-captioned project;
- Conduct research and undertake adhoc tasks in areas related to the project field;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Accountability • Planning and organizing • Professionalism
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials. This position is based in Lebanon. National UN Volunteers are part of the malicious insurance plan. National UN Volunteers are expected to be culturally sensitive and adjust to the prevailing culture and traditions.
Conditions of Service for national UN Volunteers
The contract lasts for the period indicated above with possibility of extensions subject to availability of funding, operational necessity and satisfactory performance. However, there is no expectation of renewal of the assignment. The applicable Volunteer Living Allowance is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities and normal cost of living expenses. Life, health and permanent disability insurance are included (health insurance for up to 3 dependents - except for UN Community Volunteers), as well as final repatriation (if applicable). You can check full entitlements at https://app.unv.org/calculator .
Furthermore, in non-family duty stations that belong to hardship categories D or E, as classified by the ICSC, a Well-Being Differential (WBD) will be provided monthly.