Programme Policy Officer (Supply Chain Organization) Service Contract Level 8
Application deadline 9 hours ago: Monday 6 Feb 2023 at 20:29 UTCOpen application form
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Supply Chain Organization) Grade: Service Contract Level 8 Type of contract: Service Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable) Reporting to: Unit Head, Social Protection & Supply Chain Duty Station: Country Office, New Delhi, India Vacancy Number: 319146 Date of Publication: 17 January 2023 Deadline of Application: 06 February 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. • This vacancy is open for internal and external candidates. As per the WFP’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, the definition of “internal” is only applicable to WFP staff members holding a permanent, continuing or FT appointment. • Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted. • A written test will be used for screening candidates. • Only recommended candidates will be retained on roster for a period of two years and may be considered for similar positions from roster. • The salary for this position is INR 130,728 per month and medical benefits as per WFP's plan. All tax liability for payments from this contract are to be borne by the
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering
- Specialization in Operations Research, Management Science, Business Analytics, or Data Science is desirable
- Proficiency in an object-oriented programming language, with a strong preference for Python
- Minimum 1 year progressively responsible professional experience working in areas related to optimization, implementation or maintain large food-based procurement and/or distribution with government and/or private sector in the areas of supply chain planning, execution, operations research, transportation; project design and management.
- Experience in working independently with minimum supervision, often in fluid and ambiguous situations will be required.
Competencies & Skills
- The post holder should have strong technical, analytical and problems solving skills; ability to think through complex issues to conceptualize, design and execute actions plans.
- Demonstrate passion and motivation with the ability to manage complexities, multiple tasks with commitment to deliver against multiple, tight deadlines at work.
- Excellent team player with an ability to work collaboratively, share information and build strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds while focusing on impact and results.
- Maturity and presence required to effectively participate and contribute to meetings with senior government officials.
Understanding of the Indian Government bureaucracy and TPDS operations will be an advantage. Sound knowledge of project planning and operations management, preferably in the IT transformation or e-governance space.
Fluent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi is preferred.
The World Food Programme (WFP), operating in India since 1963, aims to provide technical support to strengthening the government’s food safety-nets programmes to improve access to food for millions of vulnerable households throughout the country. Through its Country Strategic Plan (2023-2027), WFP India aims to support India in achieving their targets under Sustainable Development Goals 2 and 17. Strategic Outcome (SO) 1 of WFP’s current CSP (2023-2027) is aimed at enhancing the efficiency, targeting, service delivery and supply chain of government programmes for improving access to food and sharing of best practices on warehouse management.
WFP is currently working through partnership agreements with Department of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD) at the national level and with the state governments of Odisha, Uttarakhand, Meghalaya, and Uttar Pradesh. As part of the CSP 2023-2027, WFP shall continue towards improving the service[DM1] delivery of food-based safety nets through optimizing existing supply chain operations, improving warehousing operations for food grains and market linkages for small holder farmers, supporting End to End Automation of Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS), and developing best practices.
In coordination with WFP Country Office provide technical assistance in the areas of supply chain planning, warehouse management, data analytics, execution and management of government’s procurement and distribution at national and/or state levels in line with WFPs strategy and mandate. Provide inputs on solution design/customization, review of best practices, process and policies for achievement of targeted performance in the areas of supply chain operations, storage and transit losses and warehouse management and operations research. In addition to activities supporting supply chain provide support in management and coordination of food security demonstration projects/pilots/scale-up in partner states/Union Territories/Government of India as per WFP’s strategy for systems reforms by providing technical inputs on solution customization/modification, review of process and policies currently being practiced and suggest/take necessary corrective action for maintaining smooth functioning and achievement of targeted performance of these efforts.
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Social Protection and Supply chain unit, the incumbent would be required to perform the following duties. The incumbent will be required to frequently collaborate with the Central Project Management Unit (C-PMU) in DFPD/ State offices for activities, Academia partners; and will also be directly involved in providing technical assistance to state offices and government stakeholders that are responsible for the implementation of projects at the state level
- Provide technical support in the design and coordination of projects/pilots as in the areas of supply chain:
- Provide technical assistance through assessments, operations research, and data analytics to identify gaps and create solutions for the improvement in supply chain management.
- Perform financial feasibility, cost analysis, optimisation analysis of government supply chain networks.
- Design solutions, strategies, standards, and guidance to improve performance, reduce cost, or improve responsiveness.
- Provide a road map for effective roll-out of solutions across States/UTs.
- Prepare training material and undertake capacity strengthening of state level PDS stakeholders in applying optimization/ analysis tools effectively
- Identify, evaluate, and document best practice models in the implementation of service delivery reforms, supply chain planning, optimisation for food-based safety nets, through secondary research, data analysis, pilots and cross learning visits.
- Provide project management support in ensuring that all projects are operating smoothly as per the performance targets:
- Implement and manage day to day operations, monitoring and reporting of ongoing and new projects in areas of supply chain and warehouse management.
- Provide technical advisory for reforms in the service delivery of India’s largest food based social protection schemes for improving targeting, transparency, efficiency, and accountability of systems.
- Review existing processes and policies for mapping requirements, customization of solutions as per requirements for developing concept notes, proposals, project planning, financial feasibility, and mapping of resources.
- Research, identify, conceptualize, and collate global and industry best practices, and support in their dissemination through interfacing with the central government, state governments and other stakeholders through workshops, consultations etc.
- Represent WFP at meetings to review project progress and present WFP’s recommended best practices.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
HOW TO APPLY
• Interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Applications received on WFP Career page will be considered. • WFP wants to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to people with disabilities. For accessibility requirements you may have, please write to us at email: [email protected] with Subject line “Accessibility request for people with disabilities - VA No……. ”.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.