Programme Policy Officer (Strategic Outcome Manager)
Application deadline 1 month ago: Sunday 4 Dec 2022 at 19:59 UTCOpen application form
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Strategic Outcome 1 and 4 Manager) Type of contract: International Consultant (CST Level II) Duration: 11 Months Duty Station: Dhaka, Bangladesh Vacancy Number: 01 Date of Publication: 21.11.2022 Deadline of Application: 04.12.2022
Under the supervision of Head of Programme, the incumbent will lead Bangladesh Country-wide operation into effective and efficient programs with digital innovations and through operational partnerships. The incumbent will provide technical advice to the management on CSP activities while adopting new initiatives and technologies to increase effectiveness of operation and value for money. This is also expected to enhance operational partnerships with the GoB, UN agencies, NGO partners and other key stakeholders around strengthening existing national emergency response capacities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Translate WFP-wide emergency and crisis response program policies and Bangladesh CSP-SO1 into practical realities, implementation modalities and operations, to ensure alignment between HQ/RB/CO and field operations enabling effective delivery of food assistance;
- Supervise, motivate and develop the General Food Assistance and CBT teams to enable high performance;
- Participate and represent WFP in emergency coordination meetings, particularly in services where WFP has a mandated coordination role (such as Food Security Cluster, Food Security Sector, Logistic and Emergency Telecommunication sectors);
- Support sector and cluster lead in preparing joint humanitarian appeals (ex: HRP, JRP, and CERF applications);
- Ensure alignment of WFP emergency response with GoB plans and priorities, particularly nurturing the partnership with MoDMR;
- Guide and lead the country's Emergency Preparedness Unit including early warning, risk analysis, contingency planning, and national capacity strengthening order to respond to humanitarian crises and needs;
- Support digital solutions-related activities in close coordination with Digital Solutions, KIM, and different activity teams;
- Provide advice and support to various programmes country-wide to clarify ambiguities and ensure that policy and programme operations are consistent with WFP policies and other relevant guidance;
- Provide technical advice on a wide range of policy and programme issues, including assessments and analysis, the choice of activities and transfer modalities, and the promotion of innovative approaches, to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition in the Cox’s Bazar context;
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully employed and provide technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of food assistance programmes to strengthen government and community ownership;
- Develop operational partnerships with UN agencies, NGOs, and other key stakeholders to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives, including joint projects, assistance packages, and advocacy works;
- Support operational research and evidence-building on issues relevant to food assistance; Prepare and timely disseminate analytical reports, publications, and information products for internal and external use;
- Contribute to resources mobilization efforts for a portfolio of WFP programmes, including articulating the need for food assistance and related programme opportunities, and follow up on the resource situation of projects including commodity and cash availability. Ensure the best use of assigned financial resources for achievement of set objectives within a significant budget;
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender, protection, accountability, and disability inclusion perspectives in all areas of work;
- Support the works of the Deputy Emergency Coordinator for Programme as needed. Perform any other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
At least 8-year of work experience in the areas of humanitarian, development and other relevant operations/programmes;
Fluency (level C) in English language is required
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
WFP provides life-saving assistance to more than 850,000 Rohingya refugees and over 300,000 most vulnerable households in the local communities. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness, and tailored livelihoods programme to support the most vulnerable population.
For more on WFP Cox's Bazar World Humanitarian Day video 2021
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has worked in the design, implementation and, monitoring of in-kind food, cash and, voucher transfers;
- Has gained direct experience with different programme approaches; and
- Has worked with government agencies and gained policy experience.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Sunday, 4 December 2022 (Midnight Bangladesh time)
Click ‘Apply’ link below to start the application process. Candidates are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, and medical insurance.
Please visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/bangladesh to learn more about WFP’s operations in Bangladesh.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.