Programme Policy Officer (M&E)SC8 Mersin VA053-2023
Application deadline 10 hours ago: Monday 4 Dec 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
All applications must be received no later than 04 December, 2023.
CONTRACT TYPE AND DURATION
Eligibility: Turkish nationals or those holding a valid Turkish residency permit Type of Contract : Service Contract (SC8) Contract Duration : 12 Months Duty Station : Mersin, Turkey Number of employees required: 1
The United Nations World Food Program is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In 2020, WFP was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts to fight hunger globally, including its work during the coronavirus pandemic. In Syria, WFP provides food assistance to more than 4.8 million people each month. This includes families who require emergency assistance when affected by conflict and displacement and those who need help to improve their nutrition and food security. WFP supports children across Syria with healthy meals and snacks at school, mothers with nutritious diets, and families and communities with sustainable livelihood projects.
WFP Syria Country Office's Mersin Field Office operates cross border to assist around 1.5 million people residing in Northwest Syria (NWS) each month, through its cooperating partners via various assistance modalities.
To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the supervision of the Head of Monitoring and Evaluation Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Draft the sections related to monitoring, reviews and evaluations in the Field Office M&E Strategy aligning with corporate and CO Monitoring and Evaluation strategy, help assess progress of the strategy and revise it on a regular basis.
- Support the Head of M&E in ensuring that the FO monitoring system and tools are in place and compliant with standard operating procedures (SOPs), M&E Minimum Monitoring Requirements (MMR) guidance, and data protection and privacy policies.
- Coordinate with key programme units in the FO and CO to ensure a coherent approach to evidence generation and use.
- Integrate gender, equity, disability, protection, human rights and other inclusion aspects as appropriate in all M&E work.
- Manage and oversee output, process and outcome monitoring data, including distribution monitoring, activity implementation monitoring, Post-Distribution Monitoring, retail performance monitoring, surveys using questionnaires and question guides developed by the CO building on corporate tools.
- Ensure the FO adopt and use qualitative monitoring methodologies (i.e., Key Informant Interviews, Focus Group Discussions)
- Lead data collection exercises, including survey design, sampling, monitoring plans and monitoring coverage, with regular travel to NWS activity sites for training and oversight missions.
- Ensure prioritization of monitoring activities across the CSP is based on levels of assessed risks and determine site coverage requirements as per the monthly monitoring plan, ensuring that all activity sites covered are monitored at least once a quarter (depending on CO capacity), with more frequent visits to priority sites as per the Risk-based Monitoring Framework.
- Conduct analysis and interpretation of the country monitoring data that responds to the Country Office and corporate information needs.
- Arrange regular meetings between M&E and programme to review monitoring and evaluation findings and discuss recommendations.
- Help build M&E capacity of WFP M&E staff, partners and government actors through provision of learning and development opportunities, on-the-job coaching and knowledge management.
- Conduct regular data quality checks at different stages of the monitoring cycle, ensuring that monitoring data and reports are timely, complete and of high quality.
- Provide additional M&E support services as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Food Security, Statistics, Data Science, Public Health/Nutrition, Geography or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- With an Advanced University Degree: At least One year of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of M&E, humanitarian operations, or another related field. Experience designing and leading monitoring or assessment activities, including collecting food and nutrition security data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses and reporting findings to senior management.
- With a First University Degree: At least three years of progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of M&E, humanitarian operations, or another related field. Experience designing and leading monitoring or assessment activities, including collecting food and nutrition security data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses and reporting findings to senior management.
Language: Fluency in oral and written communication in English and Arabic, Turkish is a plus
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of programme design, implementation and operational challenges in food and nutrition security. • Capacity development of staff and partners. • Analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data. • Knowledge of relevant IT-enabled data collection tools, databases as well as analysis and visualization software.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
- Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
- Exact Position Title
- Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
- Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
- A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next stage of the selection process.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
HOW TO APPLY
If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar:
Internal candidate : https://performancemanager5.successfactors.eu/sf/jobreq?jobId=830400&company=C0000168410P
External candidates : https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=830400&company=C0000168410P
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.