Application deadline 1 year ago: Monday 16 Aug 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the International UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support effective and efficient delivery of project results, which entails inter alia:
- Support coordination efforts with other implementing partners;
- Support to ensure compliance of project and operations activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies; implementation of project and operations strategies;
- Work as the secretariat for the different coordination groups on project implementation;
- Coordination and Partnerships, which entails inter alia:
- Maintain regular communication and coordination with relevant partners, to implement activities in a timely manner;
- Facilitate a good working relationship and collaboration between key government partners and UNDP;
- Support to strengthen partnerships between government entities and civil society organizations, including through improved planning;
- Support to facilitate coordination efforts with other implementing partners;
- Work with the relevant UNDP Technical and Communications colleagues to develop the required advocacy messages, strategies and materials.
- Report writing
- Drafting of succinct and detailed narrative donor and internal reports within deadlines, including annual progress, post-activity and quarterly reporting and any other project documentation;
- Responsible for drafting project ToRs; Update projects’ Results and Resources Framework (RRF) and logframes. Drafting and brainstorming of project activity concept notes;
- Provision of support in proof-reading of communication materials and drafting of communication activity concept notes;
- Participate at external meetings with INGOs, NGOs, relevant UN clusters, Implementing Partners and other stakeholders
- Ensure that project lessons learned, and best practices are captured, documented and periodically shared with relevant stakeholders.
Conduct other activities as assigned by the direct supervisor.
Educational additional comments
Master's degree in Journalism, Law, International Relations, Economics, Business Administration/Management, Social Sciences or a related fields.
3 years of relevant professional experience in reporting
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Accountability, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Judgement and Decision-making, Leadership, Managing Performance, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision
- Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 16 August 2021