Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 23 Feb 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the overall supervision of the UNAIDS Country Director (UCD) and direct guidance of the UCO FTCI focal point, working in close collaboration, where appropriate, with relevant colleagues in the country office, and working in partnership with Joint UN Team on AIDS, CSOs and selected regions the UNV will contribute to:
- Assist the City of Windhoek focal person in the implementation of specific initiatives and activities related to HIV prevention, treatment and impact mitigation in line with the fast track approach, Municipal Council of Windhoek HIV Strategic Plan 2017 – 2022, the UNAIDS 2016-2021 Strategy and coordination of the National AIDS Commission’s programme.
- Support analysis of existing data to generate strategic information to identify programmatic gaps. Facilitate sharing and utilization of relevant strategic information and work with key partners to propose/suggest new areas of research in order to further develop knowledge for planning and programming related to vulnerable groups.
- Support City of Windhoek focal points (internal and external teams) to coordinate and implement FTCI workplan, including ensuring timely implementation as per workplan and budget
- Support City of Windhoek in reprogramming funds and activities where needed to ensure high budget burn rate and high workplan implementation rate
- Assist with organization of workshops, meetings communications, outreach and programme coordination, including operations support to sourcing of quotations, selection, and procurement for workplan activities
- Stay abreast with key events in the relevant programmatic areas, and regularly share information with the CoW focal person.
- Support the city COVID-19 response
- Support City of Windhoek private partnerships team to explore ways to raise funds for City level HIV interventions in 2022
- Create an inventory of the HIV intervention implementers and build good relationships
- Participate in the review of the FTCI and UCO work plan as required
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Access ad continually monitor the progress of the HIV /AIDS activities implemented by the cities
- Work with UNV – Communications to gather and analyse information on Fast Track City activities and document into a one-page story in order to record background, process, results, achievements, challenges, and next steps.
- Participate in creation of a database for program data collection and analysis at local Authority level
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor's degree in the social sciences, public health management, or other relevant field of study.
- At least 2 years of experience in public health, project management and M&E
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Public health, Development programme/project administration, Monitoring and evaluation
Area of expertise details:
- Excellent communication skills (writing and presentation) in English.
- Experience writing minutes and reports.
- Sensitivity to political, cultural and national differences and adaptability to multicultural environments.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Good understanding of project management and logistics.
- Good organizational and inter-personal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of issues related to the HIV epidemic in Namibia. Good understanding of the combination prevention package desirable.
Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Self-Management, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline:23 February 2021