Programme Management Support Associate (TB REACH )
Application deadline 2 months ago: Monday 25 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a LICA-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as Local Individual Contractor Agreements. It is normally only for nationals. It's an external contract. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education. More about LICA-6 contracts.
Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS has hosted the Stop Tuberculosis Partnership Secretariat (STBP) since 2015, in Geneva, Switzerland. The vision of the Stop TB Partnership is to realize the goal of elimination of Tuberculosis (TB) as a public health problem and, ultimately, to acquire a world free of TB by ensuring that every person with TB has access to effective diagnosis, treatment and cure; stopping transmission of TB; reducing the inequitable social and economic toll of TB; and developing and implementing new preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic tools and strategies. The Stop Partnership is uniquely positioned to support the development and further implementation by partners of the current and future Global Plan, acting as a coordinator and catalyst for the range of partners engaged in the fight to end TB.
Founded in 2001, the Stop TB Partnership's mission is to serve every person who is vulnerable to TB and ensure that high-quality treatment is available to all who need it. Stop TB partners include international and technical organizations, government programmes, research and funding agencies, foundations, NGOs, civil society and community groups and the private sector.
The Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative provides grants to partners in lower-income and/or high TB burden countries to test innovative and well thought-out, yet unproven approaches and technologies which aim to:
- Increase the number of people with TB (TB infection or active TB [drug-sensitive or -resistant]) who are diagnosed, started on treatment, and reported to National TB Programs (NTPs).
- Decrease the time it takes someone with TB to receive appropriate treatment, and
- Improve adherence and treatment success for people started on anti-TB treatment.
TB REACH combines open, but targeted calls for proposals, fast-track financing and meticulous, external monitoring and evaluation (M&E) to rapidly produce results. Other donor agencies and/or national governments can then scale-up the successful approaches piloted by recipients of TB REACH funding to improve their own investments and to accelerate progress in the fight to end TB.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Team Lead for the Innovations & Grants team (TB REACH), the incumbent performs administrative support services, covering specialized and non-specialized processes and transactions for discrete work areas in administration and logistics, ensuring efficient, client oriented and effective service delivery.
he Programme Management Support Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach, ensuring utilization of office resources in a most cost-effective manner.
Summary of Key Functions: 1. Event and Travel Management Support 2. TB REACH Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Team Coordination 3. Communication Management Support 4. Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
1.Event and Travel Management Support
- Monitor the TB RREACH events workplan, including identifying all preparatory and logistical elements needed for events.
- Conduct research for potential meeting logistics, including venues, hotels, A/V suppliers, caterers, and other arrangements
- Draft supporting documents, including participants’ guides, logistic notes, invitation letters, and registration processes, etc.
- Support all TB REACH event-related solicitation process and support with contract management.
- Organize all TB REACH virtual events and manage complex and large online conferences (management of plenary/ breakout rooms, etc.). Support workshops and meetings’ agenda development in coordination with partners
- For internal meetings: ensure schedule and room booking is done, agendas are developed, take minutes, and provide action points for follow-up.
- Co-ordinates and supervises processes and services in travel, events management, transportation services and office supplies for internal and external teams.
- Processes travel authorizations, documentation (visas, etc), payments for the team for country visits, meetings and workshops.
- Collect and review quarterly travel plans of all TBR team and consultants to ensure timely submission of travel documents.
Other administrative tasks as required.
2.TB REACH Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Team Coordination
Coordinates the monitoring and evaluation work of TB REACH by organizing meetings, travel, grantee site visits, payments and workflows for the external M&E team;
Monitor status of M&E HR contracts to facilitate timely action by supervisor, including, expiring appointments/contracts and pending separation actions.
3.Communication Management Support
Disseminate information and messages on behalf of the Team Leader and Technical Officers of TB REACH both internally and to external partners.
- Serve as focal point for social media communications for TB REACH grantees. Collects stories and images from external partners and works with the Communications team to produce social media content
Provide link for external communications consultant to develop and maintain TB REACH website with updated information on grant performance and results;
4.Knowledge building and Knowledge Sharing
Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for new M&E and PRC members as well as other consultants on UNOPS travel and administrative procedures.
- Collect feedback ideas, and information about internal Stop TB and TB REACH processes and best practices to improve productivity.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices.
A. Education: - Secondary Education or High School Diploma/Certificate is required. - First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required. - In the absence of a degree, administrative certification is an asset.
B. Work Experience:- Minimum of six years of relevant experience in general administrative, logistics, or operations’ support services in national or international public or corporate organizations is required - Proficiency in computers and office software packages (G-Suite and MS Office) is expected and experience in handling web-based management systems is required. - Experience with monitoring and organizational tools is required - Experience in UN system organizations (preferably UNOPS) is desirable. - Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS or Agreso is desirable.
C. Language: - Fluency in English Language ( Writing, Reading and Speaking) is required. - Knowledge of a second UN working language, especially French, would be considered an asset.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement (IICA) Contract level: ICS 6/ LICA 6 Contract duration: Open-ended subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and/or to satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
This position is based in Switzerland and the contract fee is not exempt from Swiss laws, including but not limited to laws regarding taxation, social security, accident and health insurance.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- Geneva, Switzerland is a UN Family Duty Station
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- This position is based in Switzerland and the contract fee is not exempt from Swiss laws, including but not limited to laws regarding taxation, social security, accident and health insurance. The incumbent will be required to pay taxes, social security and any other legal requirements under Swiss laws
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
Diversity With over 5,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,400 personnel recruited on behalf of our partners, spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced and diverse labour force — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs. We continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage the recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background information- ECR
Based in Geneva, the Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (ECR) supports UNOPS offices throughout the region through: management, financial and programmatic oversight of global and country-specific portfolios, clusters and operations centres, including hosting services; fund and management advisory services; project implementation; procuring goods and services; and managing human resources.
ECR ensures that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between business units and projects across the entire region.
ECR strategy is to:
- Strengthen UNOPS role in operationalizing the Sustainable Development Goals with particular emphasis on health, environment and economic development.
- Position UNOPS in the Balkan sub-region, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Strengthen the implementation of ECR global and regional programmes, with revitalized partnerships in infrastructure, procurement and project management.
ECR operates global portfolios from offices in Geneva, Brussels and New York, and country-specific programmes from its operations and project centres located in Eastern Europe and Central Asian countries.