Programme Management Associate (Strategic Purchasing)
Application deadline in 16 days: Monday 11 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a LICA-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as Local Individual Contractor Agreements. It is normally only for nationals. It's an external contract. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education. More about LICA-6 contracts.
Background Information - Myanmar
UNOPS Myanmar is one of UNOPS’ leading offices in Asia, acting as fund manager for three of the largest development programmes in the country, namely the Access to Health Fund, the Livelihood and Food Security Fund (LIFT) and the Joint Peace Fund (JPF), and acting as the Principal Recipient for the Global Fund in Myanmar. UNOPS provides procurement, infrastructure, and project management services to a wide range of organisations in the country, including international development partners, other UN agencies, NGOs, and INGOs. UNOPS plays a critical role in ensuring that the quality of services provided to its partners meets stringent requirements of speed, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Background Information - Job-specific
Access to Health Fund
The Access to Health Fund aims to improve Health outcomes for vulnerable populations in conflict-affected areas of Myanmar. The Fund works with Ethnic Health Organizations, national and international NGOs, the United Nations, and other partners to increase people’s access to health-services (maternal, newborn and child health, combating HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria) and to strengthen health systems. The Access to Health Fund is supported by four donors - the United Kingdom, Sweden, the United States, and Switzerland.
Under the guidance of the Programme Management Senior Officer, the Programme Management Associate will act as field verifier and support efforts to implement and monitor strategic purchasing initiatives in selective geographic areas. Programme management associate will conduct frequent travels to States and Regions on verification trips.
Assist in implementing a Purchasing Mechanism
- Verify and validate data declared by the hospitals for completeness prior to processing to ensure that documentation is complete and all information concerning the payment has been supplied
- Submit the verified and validated data form to the data focal
- Participate in the performance evaluation of the hospitals
- Assist in the evaluation of the quality of service delivered by hospitals
- Ensure the follow up of Hospitals performance based on Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) developed
- Conduct coaching and mentoring of assigned hospitals per month and provide a separate reports
- Participate in the training of staff and report
- Oversee the identification and selection of potential Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to be contracted for the community client satisfaction survey
- Verify the reception of the funds by the assigned hospitals and give feedback to the Purchasing Unit
- Assist the Hospitals to prepare their business plan
- Closely follow up on implementation of business plan put in place by Hospitals
- Guide CSO and CBO to conduct community client satisfaction survey
- Ensure the maintenance of a good filing and archiving system for the purpose of achieving quick reference and up-to-date financial records
- Assist in mapping of health facilities in the selected geographic areas
- Join routine coordination meetings with program stakeholders (providers, local health authorities, implementing partners, etc.
- Actively track and manage risks, seeking and implementing effective mitigation strategies
- Report any issues impacting the initiative to the Purchasing Unit
Assist in designing a Purchasing Mechanism
- Support the development and revision of Purchasing Manual and tools
- Assist in the development of a communication strategy and tools
Perform any other duty as may be requested by the supervisor
- Completion of secondary school is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in medicine or nursing will be considered as an asset
b. Work Experience
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in the development programs or private health sector engagement is required
- Experience in engaging with the private health sector/private hospitals is desirable
- Experience in public health is desirable
- Technical knowledge of health systems, health financing and service delivery is desirable
- Good communication and problem-solving skills is required
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a complex environment is required
- Good writing and analytical skills is required
- Experience working in Enterprise systems and in Google environment is desirable (G drive, Google Sheets and Google Docs).
- Fluency in both English and Myanmar is required.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: ICA Contract level: LICA 6 Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
This vacancy is for Myanmar National only.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.