Programme Management Assistant: Administration
Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 8 Jun 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Administrative Officer (RAO), the Programme Management Assistant: Administration will undertake the following tasks:
- General administration of the Office of the RAO;
- Ensure sound coordination and synchronisation between the Mission’s financial resources and support operations;
- Follow up on the financial transations at the regional level;
- Conduct cash counts for the imprest account & welfare at the regional level;
- Ensure accuracy and availability of supporting documents at any given time;
- Prepare and submit periodic financial and operational reports to the RAO;
- Conduct periodic asset verification and produce a report for the RAO;
- Backstop, monitor, audit, recommend and follw-up that the action plan is implemented;
- Conduct periodic cash counts to ensure transperancy and oversight over the imprest account;
- Manage all correspondence related to finance and administration of the office;
- Researches, analyzes and presents administrative information at the regional level, gathered from diverse sources;
- Focal point for archiving and audit inquires at the regional level;
- Liaise and maintain relationships with sections/units at both HQ and regional level;
- Follow-up on the implementation of regional administrative projects and issues;
- Execute other administrative tasks as directed by the RAO.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Type of Degree: Business Administration: Finance, programme management or related field.
- Have a valid driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 vehicles
3 years of progressive experience in finance and/or administration is required. Previous work experience in conflict zones is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Administration and administrative assistance, Development programme/project administration, Other finance, economics and administration related experience
Area of expertise details:
- Administration and administrative assistance mandatory
- Solid knowledge of Programme management, finance and accounting principles is a must
- Other finance, economics and administration related experience optional
Accountability, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 08-06-2021