Application deadline 6 days ago: Monday 14 Jun 2021
This is a UNV National Expert contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Expert contracts.
Minimum age: 35 years old, unless specified otherwise below. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Head of Office or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Programme Coordinator will provide overall support for the coordination, implementation and monitoring of selected projects including projects that are innovative in nature, b) ones implemented on a pilot basis to assess new approaches and c) projects ready to be scaled up based on successful pilot-based interventions all under both the humanitarian and development nexus). The UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide needed support for enhancing and reinforcing coordination and collaboration among various entities/partners;
- Suggest new partners/experts based on comparative advantage and areas of expertise and pursue conclusion of partnership;
- Support in assessing existing partners for possible re-engagement and/or scaling up for implementation of interventions;
Keep abreast of innovative approaches and successful initiatives at country, regional and global level and assess feasibility to be replicated/scaled up;
Contribute to preparing Terms of Reference and support in ensuring consultants are delivering tasks under the various projects;
- Contribute to identifying research gaps to be supported/initiated;
Support in development/finalization/monitoring of related annual workplans with the implementing partners and provide needed support in revising workplans;
Provide support on projects expenditures and disbursements and timely delivery of financial reporting and ensure adequacy with activities;
- Carry out literature/desk review and develop/prepare needed documentation;
- Assist the Communication Officer in capturing best practices and human stories;
- Review and follow up with suppliers of services i.e. consultants, to ensure completion of tasks as agreed with UNFPA,
- Contribute to review and input on related annual, monthly, quarterly, sector/research reports, strategies, plans, donor reports, etc;
- Ensure follow-up to actions/recommendations agreed upon;
Provide needed information and resources as requested by UNFPA Country office, regional office and/or headquarters;
Participate in various coordination mechanisms as advised by supervisor; and
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Office.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Master’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. Public Health, Social Sciences, gender studies, international studies, humanities or area related to;
- At least 5 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in managing and coordinating health, gender, or protection, or other relevant programmes; experience with governmental and non-governmental organizations in Lebanon is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Work experience in humanitarian settings is highly desirable;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in reproductive health and gender issues, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Development programme management
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’
hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Lebanon and legal residents in Lebanon with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 14-06-2021