Programme Associate (PSN/PHL/FFA), G6/SC6 - Multiple Duty Station - ROSTER
Application deadline 1 month ago: Wednesday 31 Aug 2022 at 00:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
JOB POSTING INFORMATION
Job Title: Programme Associate (PSN/PHL/FFA), G6/SC6 - Multiple Duty Stations (ROSTER)
Opening date: 16 August 2022
Closing date: 30 August 2022
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Programme team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused programme services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective programme solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Programme Associate (PSN/PHL/FFA) to join our Programme team in (multiple duty stations in Sudan), to be hired on Service Contract and Fixed Term contracts at level 6.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
- Support the AO in strengthening institutional capacities at state level along with capacity of stakeholders for shock-responsive and resilience building social protection.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, contribute innovation and ideas into systems strengthening for improved delivery efficiency and accountability, including through preparing and maintaining a tool for tracking progress of project outputs.
- Take the lead in the review of payment requests and ensure timely follow up for the preparation of the AO review note in line with implementation and project outputs.
- Create and/or maintain an Activity Management Repository ensuring that all relevant documents are in order and accessible to the teams staff members.
- Assist in mainstreaming gender into programme design and implementation of interventions including gender-responsive budgeting and reporting as well as gender analysis.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders
- Liaise with implementing partners regulary and monitor activity implementation and ensure timely reporting.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
- Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
- Well organised, complete and accurate reports, records and/or data, put together independently with only general guidance.
- CFM incidents are well tracked, monitored and solved.
- Field staff and end users are adequately trained and given guidance on relevant business procedures on programme implementation.
- Effective use and compliance with WFP corporate guidance, standard operating procedures for programme management.
Critical Success Factors
- Demonstrates ability to understand nutrition and nutrition sensitive programming, learn and adapt to new technology, reporting and user support.
- Excellent communications skills with beneficiaries, and other team members, including cooperating partners.
- Good knowledge and practical experience in use of information technology, especially in data analysis, to capture and store data and information.
- Ability to work in a team with close-knit coordination between Beneficiaries, WFP, Government, Cooperating Partners and other service providers
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of at least five (5) years of relevant professional experience is required
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. PSN, FFA and PHL).
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both English and Arabic.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
Leads by Example with Integrity Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork Applies Strategic Thinking Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGAED TO APPLY
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing Date: 30 August 2022.
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.