Application deadline 9 days ago: Monday 14 Jun 2021
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Representative, the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Contributes to the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the country programme by:
Participating in the identification and formulation of the CO programme and project proposals by compiling and analysing information in the subject areas of UNFPA assistance, compiling project documents and work plans and preparing tables and statistical data.
- In coordination with the programme team, guiding the routine implementation of assigned projects, coordinating delivery of project inputs, and ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders.
- Support the programme team in the development of the following documents: Terms of Reference (ToRs), meeting minutes, and Concept Notes.
- Maintaining and updating project files, including project progress reports, work plans and budgets in compliance with guidelines for the country programme.
Supporting in monitoring and reporting on core and noncore expenditures in respect of the programme team.
Contributes to the oversight functions of the CO by:
Assisting in financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identifying operational and financial problems, and contributing to the development of solutions.
- Assisting in conducting assessments of project performance to identify success factors and compile a list of best practices.
- Contributing to HACT assurance activities
Supporting in following up on audit recommendations.
Provides research and knowledge sharing support in the area of Sexual and Reproductive Health by:
Synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned success stories and best practices, strategies and approaches of the CO, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination.
Consolidating and maintaining the inventory of pipeline projects for submission to donors for co-financing.
Provides support to the programme in the area of communications and innovation:
Demonstrates creativity and provides inputs on innovative practices for the CO.
- Support to the Communications, Partnership and Resource Mobilisation officer in the area of communications and innovation; particularly on social media and posts.
Elaborates documents through design softwares such as Canvas, and working with mediums such as video, to support the country programme objectives.
Provides programme financial and operational support through:
Undertaking procurement activities for the CO as assigned by the supervisor, ensuring compliance with UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Generating financial and programmatic Atlas and Cognos reports for the country programme as required.
- Assisting in the process and maintaining the records of hiring the individual consultants used to support the programme.
- Perform requisitioner/buyer roles in Atlas for projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Preparation of payment requests and ensuring necessary follow up by the designated Finance Associate.
Contributing to the maintenance of the vendor portal.
Preparing and circulating COA authorization letters for programme related activities.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor or Advanced degree in Health, Development studies, International Relations and other social science fields
- Good understanding of results based management of programming in the areas of SRH, Youth and Gender.
- Relevant experience in programme planning, project monitoring and data support systems in national and international organizations, in private or public sectors.
- Previous experience in the UN is an asset;
- Ability to write well is essential.
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Development programme/project administration, Monitoring and evaluation
Area of expertise details:
Experience in communications, innovation and design softwares.
Proficiency in current office software applications including finance and spreadsheet applications.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set:
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Managing information and workflow
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Managing financial processes
- Job knowledge / technical expertise
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Internal and external communication for resource mobilization
Accountability, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 14 June 2021