Application deadline 2 years ago: Monday 31 Aug 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International University contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International University contracts.
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible. Applicants must be students of any academic program (BA/BSc, Masters, PhD) and keep this status during the whole duration of their assignment, or be recent graduates.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Head of Unit or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
- Collect data and analyze risk scenarios related to the malicious use of technology by non-state actors in areas such as criminal infiltration into the legal economy, counterfeiting, WMD terrorism
- Collect data and analyze technology solutions related to risk scenarios in areas such as AI-powered cyberattacks, unmanned aerial vehicles, synthetic biology, additive manufacturing, supply chain security, and blockchains.
- Draft and review of reports on risk scenarios and technology solutions
- Attend technical workshops to review reports
- Perform other job-related duties upon request
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Advanced University degree (Master’s or equivalent) in the field of law, criminology, international relations, social sciences, or a similar field is required.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Database design, administration and maintenance
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
Eligible candidates must be between 18 - 29 years of age throughout the entire duration of their service.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 31 August 2020