Application deadline 1 year ago: Sunday 15 Nov 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the strategic and information adviser, the national UNV will mainly assist UNAIDS China office programme team to carry out related tasks.
- Guided by Strategic Information Adviser at UNAIDS, help to review the implementation of internet-based intervention for comprehensive prevention, including but not limited to APPs, social media and web-based interventions, targeting PLHIV, young people and other key populations and utilize the recommendations of the study to inform the development of the guideline for internet-based intervention to deliver key messages for and linkage to HIV prevention services.
- To understand the status of target population for internet-based intervention for comprehensive prevention, to reflect on their need and preferable services, especially the needs of young key populations.
- To map the engagement of various internet social media players for PLHIV, young people and other key populations on internet-based intervention for combination prevention
- To analyze on types of interventions and communication messages provided and/or adapted to the HIV prevention effort, such as health education, dissemination of prevention information, community mobilization on condom and PrEP, counselling and psychological support, and/or linkage to onsite services.
- To evaluate the impact of the internet-based intervention, working mechanism, programme and financial management, achievement and challenges, and formulate recommendations to facilitate better implementation of internet-based intervention for comprehensive prevention.
- To summarize experience and lesson learnt and provide suggestions for strength the capacity to implement internet-based intervention for comprehensive prevention as a crucial element to strengthen the HIV prevention effort.
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Advanced university degree at the Master’s level in public health, sociology, international relationship and policy, or development communications.
- Essential: Must be perfectly bilingual with Advanced knowledge of English.
- A minimum of two years working experience in governments, consultancies, UN and other international entities, in project management, including planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation;
- Previous work or research experience on investigation and internet information collection, consolidation and analysis would be an asset.
- Strong information consolidation and synthesis analysis skills
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Chinese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
HIV/AIDS support, Development programme/project administration, Public information and reporting
Area of expertise details:
- Good knowledge in working with and mobilizing a range of external partners.
- Knowledge of UN system and/or international development issues.
- Familiarity and good knowledge of internet-based HIV prevention intervention is highly preferred.
- Solid information analysis and report writing skills.
- Respect for culture diversity
Accountability, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams, Respect for Diversity
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is an announcement for a national UNV assignment. Therefore, only citizens of China and legal residents of China with refugee or stateless status can apply for this advertisement.
Application deadline: 15-11-2020