Application deadline 2 months ago: Tuesday 15 Nov 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
This assignment is part of UNV’s disability inclusion strategy. UNV seeks to 1) provide opportunities for persons with disabilities to serve as UN Volunteers 2) enable UN partners to expand diversity and inclusion of persons with disabilities in their workforce worldwide 3) build a talent pipeline of qualified professionals with disabilities who can contribute to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at national and global levels, with focus on national capacity.
The Country Office has three distinct portfolios (Urban planning and development, Governance and Sustainable Development, Energy and Environment). The Governance Portfolio is currently working on a number of pipelines with the overall aim to achieve the SDGs and the Saudi Vison 2030. The areas these pipelines intend to tackle entail anti-corruption, public sector performance measurement, economic and digital transformation, and support to NGOs/NPOs.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Analyst, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Conduct research on topics related to sustainable development at large and on a number of thematic issues in particular
• Support to formulation of new project ideas and documents in the Governance portfo-lio
• Prepare presentations and collect material and information on UNDP projects at a na-tional level to promote SDGs in the country
• Support the revision/formulation of Concept Notes and Project Documents
• Summarize UN and Government reports
• Translate and/or proofread documents such as workplans and Terms of Reference (TORS) • Draft letters in Arabic and/or English addressed to national counterparts • Support to financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identifi-cation of operational and financial problems, development of solutions • Support on progress reporting of projects • Draft agenda, follow-up on logistics of meetings and inform both parties of participa-tion in the meetings. Attend these meetings when required; • Take minutes of meetings
Adaptability and Flexibility Client Orientation Commitment and Motivation Commitment to Continuous Learning Communication Creativity Integrity Knowledge Sharing Planning and Organizing Professionalism Respect for Diversity Working in Teams
development studies, international relations, political science, social science, business administration • Business Writing • Research and analytical skills • Demonstrated interest and commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values. • Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others; • Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills; • Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team; • Flexible and open to learning and new experiences; • Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living condi-tions; • Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is required • Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded; • Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
The UN House in Riyadh is going through a thorough renovation since January until September 2022. It is expected to be fully compliant with standard accessibility requirements for people with disabilities (Wheelchair users), which were included in the technical specifications. As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials. National UN Volunteers are part of the insurance plan.