Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 9 Nov 2021 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Reporting to Programme Management Specialist, working closely with the Programme Associate, the Programme Assistant works with and provides support to the members of the Women, Peace and Security Portfolio in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Programme Assistant provides programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for the smooth programme implementation.
Within the delegated authority and under the direct supervision overall guidance from the Programme Management Specialist or her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer Programme Assistant will:
• Provide administrative and logistical support to the management of the programme
a. Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements, including tracking the delivery of funds;
b. Provide administrative support to the executing agencies / responsible parties on routine delivery and reporting of WPS programme supported activities and finances;
c. Provide administrative support for the audit of WPS projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
d. Support the maintenance of proper filing, both soft and hard versions, of project documents ensuring its adherence to UN Women regulations; e. Draft minutes of meetings as needed.
• Provide administrative support to the financial management a. Provide administrative support in monitoring and preparation of budget and the finances of programmes/projects, and in the preparation of FACE forms; b. Provide administrative and financial support in monitoring Building blocks system; c. Provide administrative and financial support to the field team in the camps and host community; d. Prepare non-PO vouchers for WPS projects; e. Process payment for consultants, as delegated; f. Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas; g. Develop Note-to File and any supporting documents necessary for documentation and filing; h. Liaise with the Programme Support Team (PST) on the issuance of contracts/amendments for all procurement and HR related cases; i. In cooperation with the Programme Support Team (PST), support the procurement of project equipment supplies and services; j. Provide support to UN Women team as required.
• Provide administrative support a. Support logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions; b. Support travel arrangements for the WPS Programme, including travel requisitions and claims;
• Professionalism • Integrity • Teamwork and respect for diversity • Commitment to continuous learning: • Planning and organizing • Communication • Flexibility • Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement.
• College Diploma in Business Administration, social sciences or any related field. University Degree in Business, Public Administration and Finance an asset • 4 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or programme management/support; • Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages; • Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset; • Experience in supporting a team is an asset.
Amman, the capital, is a peaceful city with over four million residents. People are friendly to visitors. Services in terms of banking, transportation, health and communications are easily-available. Though Arabic is the official language, English is widely spoken among the majority of the population, especially in Amman. Road network is good both in terms of spread and quality of the roads. Public transportation in Amman is limited. Taxis are relatively cheap and easily available. There are a number of shopping malls, restaurants, gyms, and cinemas. A large variety of accommodation options can be found; however, it is worth noting that prices in Amman have generally increased in the past few years. There are no specific security threats. Amman is a very easy city in which to live; large, many amenities, very modern and serviced by an international airport with direct flights to most capital cities. According to the assessment of the UN Department of Safety & Security (UNDSS) Jordan is a family duty station (category A hardship).
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials. National UN Volunteers are part of the malicious insurance plan.