Application deadline 3 years ago: Wednesday 9 Sep 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Regional Admin/BOS Regional Coordinator and the Regional Partnership Officer at the LAC Regional Office, the UNV Administrative Assistant will:
Administration, budget and procurement (50%):
- Maintains office calendar and arranges meetings
- Supports capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, supporting the sending of invitations and organization of the virtual meetings.
- Takes minutes of meetings, ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and coherence.
- Prepares background materials for participants and uploads cleared materials on the intranet.
Prepares and maintains agendas on meetings and events related to the Regional Office.
Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of the Regional Office, ensuring compliance with UNDCO rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Follow up with UNDP Regional Bureau in ensuring that expenses are timely processed and recorded.
- Liaises with UNDP Regional Bureau for procurement of goods and services required at the Regional Office.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment, and updating inventory of items.
- Support the Regional Partnership Officer in the implementation of the workplan of the RCO LAC network of partnership officers
- Helps organize virtual meetings and take notes
- Maintain the Microsoft teams workspace updated with relevant information
- Support the Regional Partnership Officer in the follow up to specific country needs, especially where a local Global Compact network is being established.
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self-reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level:
Education - Additional Comments:
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work
A minimum of 4 years of relevant administrative or programme support experience is required.
Training and experience using Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and other software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems for virtual meetings and communities of practice.
- Organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Fluency in Spanish & English is required.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Spanish(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
Administrative or programme support experience.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 09 September 2020 at 23:59hrs, Germany time