Programme and Operations Coordinator
Application deadline in 1 day: Sunday 3 Dec 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Do you want to make a difference for the world's most vulnerable refugees and work closely with UNHCR to enhance their capacity to provide durable solutions? We are looking for a Programme and Operations Coordinator who will deliver high-quality staff care to DRC experts on deployment to UNHCR resettlement operations worldwide, often under stressful and hardship conditions.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Standby Roster (SBR) is a unit in the Humanitarian Strategic Surge Capacity Division within the Department for Partnerships, Advocacy & External Relations. For more than 30 years, the SBR has assisted UN agencies around the world with deployment of experts to fill capacity gaps in humanitarian operations with short notice through various thematic rosters, including the DRC-UNHCR Resettlement Roster.
About the job
The DRC-UNHCR Resettlement Roster consists of more than 500 experts, who after a thorough recruitment process have become members and are offered deployments to UNHCR operations worldwide.
The responsibility of the Programme and Operations Coordinator will be to contribute to the support and ongoing administration of the deployees on the roster.
You will report to the Head of the DRC Standby Roster but will be working in close collaboration with the rest of the DRC SBR team.
- Responsibility for all tasks related to a selected number of deployments of experts on the roster. This includes developing deployment offers, requesting contracts, submitting relevant documents to UNHCR, booking flight tickets, supporting visa applications, briefings of the deployees, and other practical tasks.
- Liaise with UNHCR bureaux, country and field offices.
- Continuous follow up, support and monitoring of ongoing deployments.
- Debriefing and closure of deployments, including financial settlements and deployee reporting.
- Update and maintenance of deployment files and information in tailormade database to ensure efficient deployments, statistics, and donor compliance.
- Update of budgets and deployment overviews.
- Provide input on strategy development, standard operating procedures etc.
- Contributions to donor compliance and donor reporting
- Other ad hoc and backstopping tasks including cross cutting responsibilities.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with individuals and groups. You must be able to work autonomously, take initiative and pro-actively engage with others. In addition, all employees should master DRC's core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we expect the following:
- Degree in Human Resources, Refugee Studies, International Development/Relations, Social/Political Sciences, or other relevant discipline from an accredited academic institution
- Experience with human resource management, preferably remote staff welfare support
- Flair for and interest in working with advanced software systems (ERP system and tailormade database)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, and the capacity to empathise and relate to people with diverse backgrounds deployed to international duty stations.
- Excellent English language communication skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening)
- A systematic mindset and good attention to detail
- Flair for budgets and numbers
- The ability to work under time pressure with many simultaneous tasks.
The following qualifications are also desirable:
- Experience working directly with refugees.
- Experience with roster management
- Familiarity with UNHCR and its policies and procedures
Contract length: 9 months
Workplace: Borgergade 10, Copenhagen, Denmark
Start date: As soon as possible.
End date: 31 August 2024 The position is subject to funding and may be extended depending on availability of funds
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the agreement between DRC and AC. The position is at “fuldmægtig” level. This is a national, full-time position for which local terms and conditions apply, but candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply.
All applicants must send a cover letter (Maximum 1 page) and a CV in English. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo. A****pplications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 3rd December 2023. We expect to conduct interviews (possibly virtual) in the following week as well as during the application period.
For questions regarding this vacancy please contact Jenna Magee by email at: email@example.com.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.