Procurement Team Leader Ukraine Lviv
Application deadline in 9 days: Friday 9 Jun 2023 at 11:05 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 6 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 6 (NRC) contracts.
Below is a summary of the role. Please download the Job Description for further details
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of goods and services while ensuring the NRC value for money principles are followed to the latter. The procurement team leader is leading a team of 3 at the area level.
- Adhere to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, and donor requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of the logistic function’s portfolio according to the Plan of Action.
- Line Manage a team of staff who will be dedicated to the role.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistic function.
- Be anti-corruption, transparent, and cost-efficiency-focused in all procurement processes.
- Conduct procurement process with a focus on country and NRC regulations.
- Prepare procurement documents in line with NRC procurement procedures.
Perform other duties, as assigned by the Line Manager.
Ensure that all procurements are done per NRC logistics policies, procedures, and donor regulations.
- Prepare requests for quotations and source bids & quotations per NRC procurement regulations and thresholds.
- Support in the preparation of RFQs, Tenders, and BID analysis for complex purchases.
- Manage the prequalification of service providers and ensure all purchases meeting thresholds for use of prequalified vendors and services providers are adhered to.
- Manage the waiver register and share it with the Logistics Manager/Coordinator.
- Support in the receiving of Bid/Tenders and assist in opening and processing stages.
- Prepare the payment requests, while ensuring accuracy and complete supporting documents are attached.
- Maintain proper files for procurement documents (and upload all documents in Agresso).
- Check and receive purchase requisitions and initiate the procurement process according to NRC procurement regulations and thresholds.
- Ensure RFQs, are prepared and sent out within the agreed lead time.
- Complete and issue purchase orders per NRC regulations.
- Check procurement documents (Bid analysis, Purchase Orders, Payment documents, etc...) and submit them to signatories for verifications and approvals.
- Follow up with suppliers and organize for delivery of materials.
- Support the Procurement officer in Conducting regular market surveys to identify suitable and reliable suppliers and service providers.
- Update and share the procurement tracker regularly.
- Ensure updating Vendors' databases and explore and help in developing the Area level FWA.
- Ensure that all assistants and officers supervised keep track of current procurements with bi-weekly reporting for consolidation into a monthly report.
- Support Procurement assistants/officers in the direct purchase and reconcile every action with the Finance team.
Provide support to all field offices as needed and make supervisory visits to all procurement offices in the area/field offices.
Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a humanitarian organization and experience in Warehousing.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
Good English level.
Strong context monitoring and analytical skills.
- Resilience and ability to work in insecure environments.
- Ability to empower and build trust.
- Ability to plan.
Key Information - Please Take Note When Applying
- Learn more about NRC here
- To apply as an internal candidate, please click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
- Apply by completing all the system-required fields of your experience, employment history, and education in your application.
- Ensure to attach your latest CV.
- Submit your application and CV in English.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as per your passport.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered.
- Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.