Procurement Senior Officer
Application deadline 5 months ago: Friday 17 Jun 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a LICA Specialist-9 contract. This kind of contract is known as Local Individual Contractor Agreements. It is normally only for nationals. It's an external contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education. More about LICA Specialist-9 contracts.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
Background Information - India
UNOPS India has been the Procurement Agent for the Government of India, based in New Delhi, India, and other State Governments. In this capacity, UNOPS provides services for the procurement of health sector goods, and services i n support of the request/s made by the Government of India/ State Governments. It has also implemented several health projects in various States.
- Implementation of transactional procurement
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Team Management
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. In close cooperation with the Project Managers, under the guidance of a technical supervisor, and reporting to the management on central issues related to procurement activities, implements operational strategies and manages procurement, contract, and sourcing transactions, actions and processes for goods, services, and works, focusing on achievement of the following results: - Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; internal controls and client orientation. - Implementation of the different steps of the procurement processes, including Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management. - Implementation of strategic procurement for projects assigned in the Business Unit. - Research undertaken and data provided for Business Unit’s supply market intelligence and analysis.
2. Manages and guides procurement processes for a select group of technically complex goods, services within a given geographical area and/or Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results: - Sustainability embedded along the procurement process. - Timely and duly prepared procurement plans for projects and monitoring of their implementation. - Establishment of Long Term Agreements (LTAs) and/or service contracts and other instruments, when necessary, either through standard or emergency procurement procedures in compliance with the Procurement Policy. - Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation. - Awards recommended based on UNOPS procurement rules and procedures. - Management of procurement contract, analysis of contract performance against agreed benchmarks and pre-established reporting mechanisms. - Advice, remedial actions, or solutions to Programme Managers on procurement issues related to the procurement process and project cycle.
3. Implements sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers.
- Utilization of-sourcing module in accordance with UNOPS Procurement Groups’ goals and standards in this area.
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for Business Unit personnel on Procurement-related topics.
- Contribute to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice by providing collaborative synthesis of lessons learned and dissemination of best practices in procurement. - Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
5. Team Management - Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development. - Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
Impact of Results The key results directly affect the overall efficiency of the relevant business unit/s and project activities in procurement management, impacting the timely availability of effective goods and services for UNOPS’ programmes. Timely, market-aware, and accountable delivery of goods and services, contribute to office performance, efficiency and client satisfaction, which promote the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
- Advanced Degree or equivalent preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with four (4) years' experience at the international level in procurement management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification is a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ professional experience in international public procurement.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing and developed countries.
- Some experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable.
- Experience of working in Google environment (G drive, Google Sheets and Google Docs) is an asset.
Language: - Fluency in English and Hindi is required. - Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type:Local Individual Contractor Agreement Specialist Contract level: LICA Specialist - 9 Contract duration:Ongoing ICA – Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- The post is open to Indian National only.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.