Application deadline 10 months ago: Thursday 17 Mar 2022 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a NO-A contract. This kind of contract is known as National Professional Officers. It is normally only for nationals. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 1 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 3,217 USD.
Salary for a NO-A contract in KampalaThe salary of a NO-A depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 11,820,083 UGX (~3,217 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about NO-A contracts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSU) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Advises the Head of WHO Country Office (WR) for an informed decision making on procurement transactions.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of the procurement plans by the different clusters of the budget center,
- Prepares and monitors the implementation of procurement plan ensuring objectives and priorities are met and on track.
- Evaluates requests from the technical units and partners and advises for compliance with the organization rules and regulations.
- Administers procurement resources and ensures compliant and efficient use of standard operating procedures of procurement.
- Maintains the pre-qualified and assessed suppliers database
- Maintains and monitors the overall activities of procurement, logistics, and contracting services for the office through the use of the GSM oracle system and other procurement tools including the Business Intelligence (BI) providing reports, data and statistics.
- Provides guidance on procurement, logistics, contracting services to managers and staff.
- Ensures smooth running of operations of procurement transactions including goods and services ordering and delivery,
- Maintains regular contact with the Regional Procurement and Supply Services (PSS/AFRO) and make follow up of the Contract Review Committee (CRC) deliberations,
- Makes a follow up of the shipment of items ordered with the forwarding companies and liaises with local authorities for taxes exemption and for timely clearing of the goods items from the customs
- Acts as the Secretary for the Local Procurement Committee.
- Analyzes and/or evaluates vendors performance, along with other designated staff members,
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Essential: First university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field
Desirable: An advanced university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management, or related field
Essential: A minimum of one years’ experience, working in the area of procurement services, and logistics services for a programme. Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages
- Sound knowledge and skills in procurement and budget.
- Concrete skills in implementing operations of procurement services and processes.
- Sound skills in utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning Oracle systems or similar packages.
- Strong computer skills in office applications including excel, power point, and word.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Produce results.
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of the English.
Desirable: Working knowledge of French or another WHO official language would be an asset.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma (s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e. discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment, and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types pf abusive conduct are not hired by the organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted.