Application deadline 10 months ago: Friday 25 Mar 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a P-3 contract. This kind of contract is known as Professional and Director staff. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's a staff contract. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be between 103,464 USD and 135,477 USD.
Salary for a P-3 contract in AmmanThe international rate of 74,649 USD, with an additional 38.6% at this the location, applies.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about P-3 contracts and their salaries.
Org. Setting and Reporting UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for highly committed personnel wishing to make a change.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a tangible difference for one of the most vulnerable communities in the world, UNRWA would like to hear from you.
The Procurement Officer reports to the Head of Procurement Section.
Responsibilities- Participates in the planning process and contributes to an integrated approach and consistency in the implementation and operationalization of the Agency procurement plan;
- Plans, develops and manages procurement and contractual activities related to procurement of diverse services and commodities (e.g. food, medicines, information technology, electronic equipment, vehicles, building maintenance, construction, office supplies, furniture etc.) taking into account local economic and other conditions; prepares solicitation documents, identifies method of solicitation, conducts and ensures that the solicitation process follows relevant rules and regulations; ensures that the source selection process is fair, objective and transparent and that it follows the general principles as set forth in the UNRWA Procurement Framework; advises requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle;
- Contributes to the development and implementation of sourcing strategies for most critical procurement categories such as pharmaceuticals and food commodities in consultation with programs at headquarters and field offices;
- Contributes to enhancing vendor’s performance management and developing partnerships with suppliers to support UNRWA’s programs; - Proposes strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects; establishes and maintains work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones;
- Negotiates with senior supplier representatives, signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit, and in cases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, submits cases to the Headquarters Committee on Procurement (HCP) for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.;
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; procurement best practices, researches and analyzes market reports, production patterns and availability of goods and services; identifies new technologies and products/services, evaluates and recommends potential supply sources and participates in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program;
- Establishes approaches for negotiations and conducts all phases of negotiations with concerned, including negotiations of disputes arising from contracts;
- Oversees adherence to contractual agreements, recommends amendments and extensions of contracts, and advises concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
- Prepares a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions, etc; supports the preparation of various reports as required by management.
Competencies UN Core Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity, and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default.
Applying Technical Expertise Deciding and Initiating Action Relating and Networking Coping with Pressure and Setbacks Planning and Organizing
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews: https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=AYI
Education A university degree from an accredited educational institution in business administration, public administration, procurement, supply chain management, commerce, engineering, contract law or a related field.
Work Experience- At least six years of progressively responsible relevant experience in procurement, contract management, contract administration or logistics and supply chain management.
Two years of relevant work experience directly related to first-hand procurement or contracting;
A minimum of two continuous years of relevant international experience outside UNRWA, and outside the country(s) of which the candidate is a national or holds citizenship, a passport or a national identity number;
- Experience in all phases of procurement in a high-volume procurement operation (Desirable).
- Experience in the procurement of food commodities and/or pharmaceuticals (Desirable);
- Experience in providing support services to Field Offices under humanitarian, development, or conflict context (Desirable);
- Experience in the supply chain modules in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system (Desirable).
- Experience in conducting procurement at the international level for an intergovernmental organization, governmental organization, or a large multi-national organization (Desirable);
Languages Excellent command of spoken and written English.
Assessment Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Special Notice Type of Contract and duration: 2 years, with the possibility of further extension.
Applicants have to complete the Personal History Profile (PHP) in inspira in order to be considered. The PHP should be completed with full relevant work experience as per the requirements in the Job Opening, in order to be considered.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may become eligible for a temporary appointment to the same post or a similar post.
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. The mission of UNRWA is to help Palestine refugees achieve their full potential in human development under the difficult circumstances in which they live.
For more details on UNRWA, please visit: https://www.unrwa.org/
United Nations Considerations Staff members are subject to the authority of the Commissioner-General of UNRWA and to assignment by him or her.
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified applicants from under-represented groups.
At UNRWA, the paramount consideration in the recruitment and employment of staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity, with due regard to geographic diversity. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications and organizational needs. UNRWA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested and indicated in the application.
UNRWA Considerations UNRWA staff are expected to uphold the highest standards of efficiency, competence, neutrality, impartiality and integrity. This includes respect for and commitment to human rights, diversity and non-violent means of dealing with all kinds of conflict. Only persons who fully and unconditionally commit to these values should consider applying for UNRWA jobs. Candidates will not be considered for employment with UNRWA if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment. The Agency may disqualify applicants who have separated for reason of misconduct, who left a UN Agency while misconduct processes were pending, or who appear on the UN Sanctions List. UNRWA is a non-smoking work environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on “Manuals” hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the United Nations including the Charter of the United Nations, resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.