Application deadline 10 hours ago: Friday 7 May 2021
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
- Engage units on specifications of requirements.
- Launch procurement enquiries with local suppliers.
- Prepare evaluation reports.
- Submit for review and approval.
- Inform suppliers of placed orders.
- Follow up on pending deliveries.
- Update clients on status of requests.
- Update existing contract register.
- Follow up with service providers on delivery timelines.
- Note any challenges, constraints, and modifications to timelines.
- Update program colleagues.
- Launch an expression of interest for local suppliers in identified categories
- Receive and evaluate prospective suppliers’ submissions.
- Update the country office rosters.
- Submit the rosters for approval by country office management.
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
A University Degree/Secondary Education with specialized training in Procurement and supply chain management. CIPS certification of at least level 2 is desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in procurement management.
- CIPS certification of at least level 2 is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Procurement and contracting, Logistics and supply management
Area of expertise details:
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web-based management sys-tems.
- Knowledge of UN financial and procurement processes is highly desirable.
- Previous experience with the UN or other international development organization and knowledge of Atlas is highly desirable.
Accountability, Building Trust, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 7th May 2021