Application deadline 1 month ago: Wednesday 12 Oct 2022 at 21:59 UTCOpen application form
The Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025) facilitates, coordinates and manages all technical and advisory services to be provided by FAO to the Saudi Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA). The PMU also ensures technical quality assurance, the financial and the administrative effectiveness and efficiency in the management and implementation of the FAO-KSA Technical Cooperation Programme. Moreover, it manages communication, documentation, and sharing of acquired knowledge, good practices and lessons learned from the programme with the Ministry, stakeholders and other partners. The project “UTF/SAU/051/SAU Strengthening MoEWA’s Capacity to Implement the Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development Programme” is the first project that has been approved within the framework of FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025). The project will provide technical and advisory assistance to the MoEWA in implementing its flagship sustainable rural agricultural development programme that has recently been approved within the context of the National Transformation Programme of the Saudi Vision 2030. The project expected results will be achieved through implementation of nine project components: 1) Development of coffee Arabica production, processing and marketing; 2) Development of beekeeping and honey production; 3)Development of rose production and trade; 4) Development of sub-tropical fruits production, processing and marketing; 5)Strengthening capacity of small-scale fishermen and fish farmers; 6) Strengthening capacity of small-scale livestock herders; 7)Development of rain-fed cereals production; 8) Enhancing value addition from smallholdings and rural activities; and 9)Strengthening MoEWA’s capacity in sustainable management of rangelands, forests and natural resources to support rural livelihoods.
The Procurement Assistant reports to the Operations Officer under the overall guidance of the Programme Coordinator.
The Procurement Assistant will contribute to the accomplishment of FAO Procurement related rules, policies and objectives ensuring the quality and consistency of the procurement support services and compliance with relevant policies and procedures. More specific the Procurement Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Perform operational functions relating to the procurement process, including the preparation of Purchase Requisitions and documents related to assigned procurement actions, issuance of tenders and purchase orders, evaluation of bids, follow-up with suppliers, attendance at Tender Opening Panel TOP) and local procurement Committees (LPC); • Conduct bids analysis and raft simple amendments and/ or renewals to contracts and service orders under the guidance of the supervisor applying in-depth knowledge of the procurement application and regulations; • Conduct an initial review of requests for future procurement action and ensures that all relevant approvals and financial commitments and clearance have been obtained. • Review purchase requisitions, orders, contracts and tenders to ensure that they are technically complete and in conformity with established FAO rules and procedures; submits transactions in the relevant systems up to a maximum amount as delegated • Provide support with the data entry of supplier’s registration information and ensures that the database is kept updated on a regular basis. Ensure the database for monitoring and follow-up of procurement actions is regularly updated and file regularly checked for completion. • Ensure that procurement actions are completed in a timely manner in accordance with the relevant rules and procedures and timely information on the status of procurement activities and all related issues. • Extract suppliers from UNGM and other sources to be included in FAO KSA database. • Handle general procurement tasks such as verifying completeness of purchase requisitions, drafting tenders, expression of interest, Solicitation of low value procurement quotations, ITBs and RFP, contracts, etc. • Process PRs and POs in GRMS and acts as contacts focal point for UNGM and In-Tend; • Monitor and carry follow up action on orders/contracts delivery by y the suppliers/contractors and ascertain that goods/services are supplied in accordance to the promised schedules and arrive to such schedules to close purchase orders/Contracts. • Fill procurement records/files and ensure they are kept in an orderly manner and safely. Organize for tender opening panel and local procurement committee meetings. • Coordinate with the logistics and finance units to ensure that all delivery notes/orders are actually endorsed by the concerned units and necessary steps taken to ensure that supplier’s/Contractors invoices are dispatched for payment. • Coordinate with CSLP (Procurement unit in HQ) for updating/creating supplier’s site. Maintain of Assets and Inventory lists and supervise checking, Monitoring and managing of FAO Assets. • Perform any other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree preferably in procurement/supply chain and or/ business administration • Minimum 4 years’ experience in procurement/supply chain management; • Working knowledge of English and Arabic languages • National of Saudi Arabia or Resident of the country with resident permit (please submit copy with your application).
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus • Teamwork • Communication • Building Effective Relationships • Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Ability to communicate clearly and to share knowledge and information; • Ability to work effectively under pressure; • Capacity to build effective relationships and partnership with team members and service providers; • Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks in due time; • Ability to be flexible in changing circumstances and to adapt the work approach in response to changes
• Ability to use Oracle software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format. • Demonstrated experience to cooperate with multi-disciplinary teams • Excellent communication skills • Proven ability to meet deadlines with excellent skills to work under pressure. • Systematic, organized and well-structured and efficient approach to work assignments. • Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency. Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures • The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment. • Tact and courtesy. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background