Application deadline 1 year ago: Tuesday 23 Mar 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the Guidance and Supervision of the Procurement Specialist, the UNV Procurement Analyst works for the successful and timely completion of procurement services for the UNDP Service Centre by undertaking the following tasks;
Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of contract strategy in the stabilization project including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment and developing mitigation strategies.
Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of strategic procurement for the office and projects including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
Ensures efficient management of procurement processes focusing on achievement of the following results:
Ensure quality in the preparation of all procurement documentation including organization of RFQ, ITB, RFP and IC Notices, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids and proposals, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes;
- Preparation and submissions of procurement cases to the UNDP review Committees (CAP/RACP/ACP).
- Management of procurement contracts and perform functions of a Buyer in Atlas.
- Elaboration and implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders (PO) are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Management of the implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
Ensures timely delivery of procurement processes for the assigned Projects, which constitute the bulk of the procurement requests.
Ensures elaboration, introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Management of the e-procurement system in the CO.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Required degree level:
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field.
2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web-based management systems.
CIPS II is compulsory and required.
- Experience in a Crisis country is a tremendous asset.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Procurement and contracting
Area of expertise details:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 23 March 2021