Partnerships Officer, NOA, Dhaka
Application deadline 3 months ago: Saturday 15 Oct 2022 at 20:59 UTCOpen application form
Are you ready to change lives and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexu
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Partnerships Officer Grade: NOA Duration: 12 Months Duty Station: Dhaka, Bangladesh Vacancy Number : 01 Date of Publication: 02.10.2022 Deadline of Application: 15.10.2022
Under the supervision of the Head of Unit, the Partnerships officer will support the effective management of relationships and collaboration with external partners. The incumbent will help coordinate donor missions to the field, carry out day-to-day partnerships activities and research, and support in exploring and establishing new partnerships. The incumbent will work in close cooperation with programme, monitoring and evaluation, resource management, reports and communication teams.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Implement the work plan for an assigned area to enable WFP to identify, develop and strengthen quality partnerships in support of WFP strategic objectives;
2. Proactively contribute to a partnerships portfolio, including partner profiling and outreach activities, with the aim to maximize resources and leverage policy and technical support for WFP’s work; Support partner visibility and ensure partner conditions are met;
3. Use data to present managers with well-researched ideas to expand support from existing partners and to scope new partners, guided by programmatic assessment and context-specific analysis with the aim to enhance the impact of WFP’s work and diversify the resource base;
4. Solicit inputs, including operational updates, from other WFP entities to inform partner audiences on WFP’s programmatic offering; Draft quality briefs and proactively highlight strategic issues to senior staff to inform the best course of action and nurture partnership growth;
5. Gather and present internal and external data/information, using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, WINGS, WFPGo), to support WFP’s effective positioning vis-à-vis national governments, and regional and international institutions with the aim to influence the policy agenda;
6. In the context of the UN system and multilateral fora, support the development of partnerships and joint events with member states, civil society, and intergovernmental organizations to advocate for the SDGs and Zero Hunger on the global agenda and advance WFP priorities and objectives;
7. Contribute to partnership strategies, including the development of Partnership Action Plans; Draw up quality partner proposals and reports by engaging with other WFP entities and external stakeholders.
8. Serve as the Officer-in-Charge for Partnerships during the absence of the Head of Unit.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP provides life-saving assistance to more than 850,000 Rohingya refugees and over 300,000 most vulnerable households in the local communities. WFP implements a range of programmes including integrated food and nutrition assistance, school feeding activities, emergency preparedness, and tailored livelihoods programme to support the most vulnerable population.
For more on WFP Cox's Bazar World Humanitarian Day video 2021
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: At least 5 years of experience in humanitarian, development, and other relevant operations with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a similar field.
Education: : Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, International Relations, Law, Marketing, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and Bangla dialect.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has a basic understanding of government strategies;
- Has developed effective relationships with partners and explored new areas to scaleup existing activities and researched new opportunities;
- Has developed powerful narratives by using data analysis visualization to enable action-oriented discussions with partners;
- Has prepared briefs to raise resources for operations and collaborated for timely registration, maintenance and update of contributions and forecasts;
- Has motivated team spirit and contributed to a gender-balanced, inclusive and sound working environment;
- Minimum one or more years of relevant professional work experience in partnership roles.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Saturday, 15 October 2022 (Midnight Bangladesh time)
Click ‘Apply’ link below to start the application process. Candidate are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, and medical insurance.
Please visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/bangladesh to learn more about WFP’s operations in Bangladesh.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.