Partnerships Jr. Consultant
Application deadline in 9 days: Thursday 7 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
Job Title: Partnerships Consultant
Type of Contract: Junior Regular Consultant
Division: CAN – Canada Global Office
Duty Station (City, Country): Ottawa, Canada
Duration: 05 months
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to a Partnership Jr Consultant for our Canadian Global Office, based in Ottawa, Canada. The purpose of the assignment is to support the Partnership Officer in all Partnership duties.
- Conduct research and analysis on donor partner priorities in specific thematic areas and country/regional contexts
- Conduct research and analysis on Canadian political and international aid priorities.
- Conduct research and analysis on Canadian NGO partners for increased WFP presence in Canada.
- Develop draft deck presentations and documents based on research and analysis conducted.
- Conduct research and analysis using internal technological systems in preparation for partner and donor meetings.
- Support the coordination of strategic donor engagement working groups for Thematic funding (e.g. Climate Change, Gender Equality, Nutrition).
- Participate in thematic funding meetings and create official Notes for the Record or Quick Read Outs.
- Contribute to the drafting of Thematic program proposals through research, analysis and draft writing.
- Support the drafting of briefing documents for high level stakeholders, through research and analysis.
- Support the monitoring and reporting process of Global Office Canada’s Annual Performance Plan.
- Participate in Global Office Canada’s quarterly and annual review workshops.
- Compile, edit and upload weekly information reports on Canadian priorities and context.
- Compile and edit monthly Canada’s Global Office report.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Use key information systems (e.g Salesforce, Project Factory, Grants 360) as needed for information sharing and research.
- Provide support for high level visits and events.
- Incorporate gender equality perspective in all areas of work
- Other tasks as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
Research products, including mapping and analysis of Canadian NGO partners for WFP engagement in Canada, tracking document created for Canadian NGO partner engagement in Canada****.
PowerPoint presentations, including overview of Canadian NGO partnerships in Canada
Thematic funding discussions coordinated.
Weekly information reports on Canadian priorities and context****.
Monthly Canada Office Reports drafted****.
High level visits supported****.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Graduate degree in Political Studies, International Relations, International Development or relevant field.
One year previous experience
Six months of experience using Salesforce for relationship management, global forecast and analysis of funding figures.
Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), knowledge of another database is an asset
Understanding of Canadian government political context, policies with a particular focus on Gender Equality, Climate Change and Climate Financing.
Verbal and written fluency (level C) in English; working knowledge of French would be an asset.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 06 July 2022
Ref.: VA No. 167635
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.