Partnerships Intern (Business Development)
Application deadline 4 months ago: Tuesday 19 Jul 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
Background Information - Job-specific
The Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), launched in 2019, is a flagship program of the Government of India that proposes to provide Functional Household Tap Connections (FHTC) to every rural household by 2024 through piped water supply. JJM’s focus is on two related aspects of sustained water supply, i.e. enhanced service delivery at the household level at affordable rates; and financial sustainability and active engagement of the community at the village level to sustain service delivery. The mission, therefore, is to ‘assist, empower and facilitate’ states in planning, creating, operating and maintaining sustainable structures and systems that will be owned and maintained by the GPs and the village communities. JJM is also expected to contribute to a significant extent in achieving UNSDG-6.
UNOPS is committed to provide strategic technical and capacity building support to the Government of India to achieve the objectives of JJM and share the learnings with the global community. To this end UNOPS intends to support 4-5 states in India with technical and capacity building inputs over a period of 4 years/days. UNOPS has identified 7 broad areas for potential engagement with the states and these include,
System Strengthening and Strengthening of Planning and Implementation processes in the States; Capacity Building of State Agencies and Gram Panchayats/Local Communities for Social Accountability Mechanisms; Strengthening of Operation and Maintenance mechanisms and policy support for long term sustainability of water supply including grey water management; Source Sustainability measures and water conservation; Water safety and Community based water quality monitoring system; Rapid Action Learning to work with speed and on scale and with quality and making engagement of CSOs for creating mass campaign and ‘jan Andolan’; and Studies, research and Knowledge management.
UNOPS India is hiring for the position of Partnerships Intern. Under the direct supervision of the Head, WASH program the Partnerships Specialist the Intern will:
- Conduct research and analysis for the identification of pertinent trends and business opportunities in furtherance of the Indian business development strategy and its related implementation plan.
- Support the development of concrete opportunities through market research and analysis, proposal development and support to project management and implementation.
- Assist with the development and implementation of suitable communication tools.
Reporting to the Partnerships Specialist, who provides general guidance, the Intern is responsible for the following:
a. Business Development
- Assist in the update of the Business Strategy to enhance and grow the portfolio;
- Conduct background information about potential partners and opportunities, develop partner- and opportunity profiles and update information in corresponding BD platforms;
- Support analysis of corporate trends and guidelines regarding their relevance for BD processes;
- Help with the identification of partnership;
- Establish a subsequent plan of action and follow-up for potential business acquisition and partnership development opportunities in accordance with the strategy;
- Generate content (information/images) for promotional activities
- Draft sections of proposals and concept notes
- Prepare draft presentations and supporting documents for partner meetings;
- Support the organization of promotional events and high-level meetings;
- Coordinate contacts with potential partners
- Produce reports, surveys, charts/graphs, forecasts, statistics, focus groups, trend analyses,
- Collect and analyze data on trends, potential market impact and analysis;
c. Participation in missions or training courses
The incumbent will take part in travel missions as per of the project Implementation. He/ she will have access to the UNOPS Learning Zone and apply for training in Programme Management, Gender Mainstreaming, Coaching, and mandatory training as per UNOPS policy.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in or have recently completed (within 3 years prior to the application date of the internship) a Bachelor/Master’s/Ph.D. Degree in developmental studies, social science, or related field.
- Professional qualification proven to be equivalent to a university degree shall be considered.
- Completion of an Advanced University Degree in the relevant areas is a strong asset.
- At least one-year of experience in the field of business development, communications, and/or partnerships in a reputable organization is preferred.
- Excellent English writing skill is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and software packages (Google Suite/Workspace Office) and experience in handling web-based systems is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Hindi is preferred.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration - Internship
Contract type: Internship Contract level: N/A Contract duration: 2 months
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Interns may be eligible for a monthly stipend from UNOPS provided that they do not receive funds from other institutions. Further, UNOPS may provide a one time travel lumpsum of 500 USD. However, they must make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and necessary visa arrangements.
For more details about UNOPS internships please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Internships-and-volunteering.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
Diversity With over 5,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,400 personnel recruited on behalf of our partners, spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced and diverse labour force — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs. We continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage the recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.