Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting Officer (STP), RBD
Application deadline in 15 days: Monday 24 May 2021
JOB TITLE: Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting Officer
Contract Type: STP P3 (Short Term Professional)
Contract duration: 11 months
Duty Station: Dakar, Regional Bureau for West Africa
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
WHY WORK WITH US?
This position is based in our Regional Bureau for West Africa in Dakar (RBD), Senegal. This Regional Bureau covers a broad and very diverse set of countries in West and Central Africa.
RBD provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in 19 countries in the region which is an amazing mix of cultures, people, and diversity.
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤ Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to innovative ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡 Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the life-changing experiences you’re unlikely to find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!!
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
At this position, you will lead, oversee and coordinate all Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities contributing to the establishment and presentation of standard and consistent operating picture of WFP operations and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisation.
ROLE AND RESPONSABILITIES
You will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools that support effective OIM, performance reporting and inter-agency information management in line with WFP and UN policies and practices.
- Provide technical advice, governance and oversight to a RB and/or CO on the integration of OIM & PR policies and guidance into established systems to drive the quality, consistency, standardization of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
- Oversee and approve the information collated from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Oversee and approve the collation, drafting and dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends, and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
- Oversee and approve the collation of analysis communication the ‘Essential Elements of Information’, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level.
- Support the design and implementation of the SPR Intelligent Next Generation system (SPRING), leading the preparation of Standard Project Reports (SPRs) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation and logistics functions to coordinate to ensure coherence and quality of information.
- Collaborate with counterparts in other UN agencies to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Collaborate with counterparts in WFP Divisions, supporting performance of activities and ensuring an aligned and consistent approach to information management, analysis, and performance reporting.
- Enhance the capacity of WFP staff, partners, and governments to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting through conduct of disaster management simulations and provision of the relevant OIM & PR training.
- Manage a small team or sub-team of OIM staff, providing coaching and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
- Participate as task force/working group member to define Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
- Contribute to the development of OIM & PR related normative guidance as required. Support initiatives for developing improved, streamlined, and harmonized OIM & PR.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products.
- Support the CO in emergencies by overseeing the preparation, organisation, and support for Operational Task Forces (OTFs) and ensuring accurate reporting and dissemination of decision making to COs, RBs and HQ.
- Other as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Have 05 years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
- An asset would be experience within the UN system, or similar NGO.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
- Sound theoretical understanding of OIM concepts and principals with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques, and processes.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret information and draw out the key messages.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate insights to stakeholders in WFP.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop small teams of junior staff.
- Knowledge of common business principals and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Fluency level C in English and level B in French
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
23 May 2021
Female applicants, and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on race, sex, colour, ethnic group, age, sexual orientation, other affiliation, or HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.